Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My mom celebrated her
50th birthday
on December 17th.
{Sorry Mom, I had to write your age for my records/history. I know how you feel about that number. :)}
We were able to have a party on the 20th, since she's so dang popular on and around her birthday so you pretty much have to be penciled into her busy schedule.
That's just because so many people love you, Mom! :)
***
SUKIYAKI
It wouldn't be a birthday party for Mom
without sukiyaki. Delicious!
Dad went on his mission to Japan
so we love to make sukiyaki as a family.

Mom and I putting together the gyozas
{Some people call these little guys "pot stickers"}

Che' & Tyson putting the meat in the pans with the soy sauce



Dad putting veggies in with the meat and soy sauce


Amber & Amy filling up water glasses


The delicious food cooking away in the pan
Some of the family favorites include:
beef
red, green & orange peppers
green onions
tofu
mushrooms
cabbage
shrimp



Dishing up the goodness over white rice


This is how it goes! It's pretty much a free-for-all.
Everyone gets what they want right out of the pan.


Tyson going pro and using the chop sticks



Amy's bowl
Looks tasty!


Aaron & Britney dishing up


And we can't forget the gyoza Mom & I made!
PRESENTS
After dinner it was time to open presents from the fam.

Adam & Amy gave her the movie "Up" and I think a book.
I can't remember!

Aaron & Britney gave her a book with some super soft socks and a mug with hot cocoa.
Perfect for a night of staying in!


Dad & Mom


Amber & Che' gave her a scarf and licorice caramels.
She LOVES licorice caramels, can you tell?




Tyson & I gave her the book "The Undaunted"

***
Hope you had a great birthday, Mom! We love you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your mom looks too young to be 50! I didn't know your dad went to Japan on his mission. How cool to have authentic food!

Chelsi said...

Your mom is so cute! Yummy food... I'm hungry.

Amber said...

Yay Mom! Happy Birthday! WE LOVE YOU. And I agree with you Erika, she does look too young to be 50:)

Judy said...

Happy Happy 50th

Post a Comment