Monday, April 27, 2009

A Triple Birthday Weekend

This weekend we attended three different birthday parties for three different family members. And they each had their own night starting from Friday and ending on Sunday. It was a lot of fun.
----------------
The first party was Friday night and it was for Tyson's brother Dustin. He was celebrating his 27th birthday. His wife Erika planned a bowling party for him at Teton Lanes and it was a lot of fun. Many family and friends were there, including Amber and Che'. So we picked them up and took them with us to Rexburg. It was a lot of fun. And like Erika, I don't care to share my bowling score either! However, my first score was better than my second.
I think this sign says it all!
Erika set out a bowl full of candy, and if we got a spare or a strike we got a piece. I had one spare and one strike so I was pretty proud of myself!

Erika & Tyson showing their mad bowling skills.

Erika & her daughter Lillie watching all the fun. I loved Lillie's little bowling shoes!


Lillie liked looking at all the bowling balls.


I borrowed this picture from Erika. Thanks, Erika! :)
She told us to act natural and I ended up looking confused and rediculous. Probably one of my better shots, I think. Yeah right!

Tyson's dad, Erika, Dustin, and some of Erika's family watching all the bowling action

After bowling we had cake and opened presents. Erika got Dustin a really cute construction cake. And yes, they are lighting all 27 candles. Woo!

Singing "Happy Birthday" to Dustin
This was right before all the BYU-Idaho kids in the background joined in with the singing.

Blowing out the candles
See all the BYU-Idaho students cheering? There were so many people singing for Dustin!

I loved Amber, Che', and Tyson's shoes! Mine looked too normal so they weren't in the picture.

Tyson's mom serving the cake

Amber & Che' sharing a piece of cake

Tyson & I

Opening presents and enjoying cake

After the party Amber, Che', Tyson and I decided to go to dinner. Yes, this is where we ate. And no, we didn't have to drive down to Bountiful to do it. The Cafe Rio in Idaho Falls opened a day early and we decided to go for dinner! It was delicious. Tyson and I shared this lovely pork burrito. So good! We love their pork!

---------------------------------------

On Saturday we continued the birthday partying with a family dinner at Ruby River for Tyson's brother Clark. He was celebrating his 24th birthday. We also let the server know it had been Dustin's birthday the day before so they both got to wear a couple of awesome hats. After dinner we went back to Tyson's parents house and visited for a while. Then we played some games. It was a lot of fun. We were planning on having cake and ice cream but we completely spaced it. Sorry again, Clark! :)


------------------------------------------------------------
And on Sunday we celebrated my sister Amy's 20th birthday. Her birthday is actually on May 3rd but she will be out of town that weekend. So we decided to have a family barbecue and celebrate Amy's birthday on April 26th. It was a lot of fun. I can't believe my little sis is 20!
Opening presents
She got a super cute watch from our brother Adam, I love it!
The rest of us gave her money. Perfect for someone who just got their first apartment!

After lunch and presents we watched a slide show of Aaron & Britney's trip to Maui. I loved all the pictures of the beach, it looked so warm!

They brought us all back necklaces, bracelets, and chocolate.
Tyson & I are sporting ours here.

When it came time to have cake, Amy didn't want to get up off the couch. So Mom brought the cake and lit the candles in the living room. Silly girl!

Mom serving the cake and sporting her new shell necklace

But the day was apparently too much for Amy and she fell asleep on the couch. I guess that what happens when you get older! ha ha
------------------------------------------------------------
We had such a great weekend with so many family birthday parties! Happy birthday again to Dustin, Clark, and Amy! We sure do love you guys!

11 comments:

Adam and Brittany said...

So fun! Happy birthday to my cousins Dustin and Clark...I didn't know their birthdays were that close. Oh, is that Score cake I see there??? The best!

Amber said...

Yay that was so fun! I can't believe Amy fell asleep. Well actually I can she can sleep anywhere. I love all your pics except one. You know which one. I can't believe you posted that! Erica was a bad girl for posting that and then you go and borrow it. What were you thinking? ha ha

Chelsi said...

Sounds like a party weekend! Lots of pics, great job!! Your fam looks like lots of fun. So glad you get to enjoy Cafe Rio at HOME.

Unknown said...

You know you love food when you start taking pictures of it before you dig in. You took some good pics. I did't even think to take a picture of the spare/strike bowl. Maybe it's b/c I only got one spare. Oh, and I love that couch that Amy is sleeping on.

Kate Call said...

LOVE bowling... LOVE cafe rio! two of jeremy and i's favorite things! happy birthday to all! and such cute pictures of you and your hubs by the way! you newlyweds you! isn't it so great! you look so happy. so glad!

Judy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERONE!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday City! Wow! Glad you had such a fun filled weekend!

The Woods said...

We had Cafe Rio yesterday. Yum, yum. Hopefully we can see you at Carino's soon.

Amber said...

Sorry about the post Al. I just changed my post so I gave you credit for the pics you took. I completely forgot. Thanks for letting me borrow those!

Unknown said...

Am, you're funny! I was just messing around about the pictures! You can totally use whatever you want whenever you want. :)

admin said...

Cafe Rio was one of my favorite parts of living in Arizona :)

My name is Molly and I’m working with Conversify to help spread the word about Kasasa, a new way of banking that is available in South Carolina. I hope the information below is of interest to you and that you'd be willing to share it with your readers. If you do share it, please let me know and include a link to your post?

In a nutshell, Kasasa is a new brand of banking products that is being offered through community banks and credit unions – not the big corporate banking conglomerates – to bring banking back to the people. I hope you'll agree that their ideas are pretty unique - especially for banking - and that their products are really appropriate in this economic downturn. You can find out more at their blog, http://doyoukasasa.blogspot.com.


Let me know if you need additional information!


Thanks for your help in getting out the word about the Kasasa community banking products. We’d be happy to mention your site on our blog at http://doyoukasasa.blogspot.com and keep you up to date on Kasasa community and charity events in the area if you’d like us to.


Molly Hutchins
molly@conversify.net

Blog: http://doyoukasasa.blogspot.com
Web: http://www.kasasa.com

For up-to-the-minute news, please join us on Facebook, MySpace & Twitter!

- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kasasa/80008851846
- http://www.myspace.com/kasasa
- http://twitter.com/doyoukasasa

Post a Comment