Thursday, April 23, 2009

So Lucky

This week has been quite the week. With school starting this last Monday I have had to change my schedule around and try to adjust to it all. Up by 5:00 or 5:30 every morning to get to Rexburg on time, working less and studying more...a lot of adjustments. I'm still not quite there, but I'll make it!

I was watching an episode of "ER" this afternoon (Yes, I record those too. TNT reruns!) and the episode reminded me of how lucky I am to be living such a wonderful life. I have a beautiful home, loving family and friends, I'm healthy (now that the darn gallbladder is gone), and I'm finishing my degree. Most of all, I'm so lucky to be married to Tyson. He is my perfect man, and I love him more than anything. I never thought I could say that I love someone more than anything. But I can't help but feel that way about him. It's amazing how you can feel so connected to a person and wonder how you lived without them before. I bet many of you feel the same way about your husbands or wives. He is such a blessing in my life and I'm so grateful for him.
------------------------------------
Sometimes in my life (ok, a lot of the time) I find myself complaining about things that aren't going right. But then I have to stop and re-evaluate. There are so many people around me that have struggles that are much more complex than my own issues. I have been so blessed, and I can't feel anything but grateful for what I have. The trials in our lives make us better people. We may not understand why they happen at the time, but eventually a lesson will be learned and blessings will come for enduring. I have had experiences in my life that have proven this to me and I'm so grateful for them. I am a better person because of them. And I know that because I was able to push through some of those tough moments Tyson and I were led to each other. And now I'm the happiest girl in the world!
-------------------------
Right now I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you. Thank you to Tyson for being such a wonderful and loving husband. Thank you to my parents for bringing me up in a gospel-filled and loving home. Thank you to my inlaws (parents and siblings) for welcoming me into their family and treating me like their sister. And for being such great examples for Tyson. Thank you to my own siblings for always being so supportive and being my best friends since the beginning. And thank you to all my friends old and new for being such great examples. I gues you could say this is my "Thankful Thursday." I'm thankful for all the people in my life. I love you all!
Life is a challenge. But it's all worth it.
And I wouldn't want it any other way!
Image via natureshs.com

4 comments:

Judy said...

Good post! It is just pushing through those hard times that BITE! I am so glad it all worked out for you. I remember a sad little girl, and thinking to myself,"self, when she meets HIM, she will totally understand!" Heee Heeee! It is only when we go through such trial does it truely make us grateful!!!!!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwww. Cute post.

Amber said...

Oh I feel the same way. I have complained about things that I'm lucky to have like my job. I just need to remember that I have ajob with great benefits and I'm paying the bills. I can't believe you have to get up at 5 now. You're stuck in my world. Don't you hate those early mornings? Somedays I'm great and other days I really struggle, like today. I did not want to get up! Anyway I loved the post it was so sweet.I feel the same way about all of my family and friends. I think things are just going really well in our whole family right now and we're all really lucky. Can't wait to hang out tonight. Love you sis!

Chelsi said...

In the end it's all worth it... thanks for the reminder.

Post a Comment