Monday, April 20, 2009

Back to School

Well, I'm back in the classroom and ready to get going on a new semester at BYU-Idaho. Another first day out of the way. I was incredibly nervous last night and was feeling a lot of anxiety. It helped having Tyson there, he is wonderful. I don't know what I would do without him. Every year on the night before school started my dad would give all of us a blessing. I had Tyson give me one last night and it was awesome. I have been having a hard time lately with my schooling and how messed up my credits are. But Tyson reassured me that everything is going to be ok. I felt so good the entire time he was speaking, and the room felt amazing. I could definitely feel the spirit there. He mentioned the same thing to me afterward. His words in his blessing were very comforting. I love him so much and I'm grateful that he is a worthy priesthood holder who can give me a blessing whenever I feel the need.

My first class started at 7:45 this morning so I was out the door at about 6:45. But don't worry, that's not my earliest class this semester. That one starts at 7:00 on Thursdays! What a joy. But it has to be done! I had Media Research Methods and Group Dynamics today. After the last class I decided to head over to the Smith building on campus and talk to the head academic advisor for the communication department. After an hour and a half we came up with a solution that involves me doing two 12-credit clusters instead of a 24-credit minor. I had a few classes that counted toward these clusters so it seemed like the right thing to do. The two new clusters are family studies and entrepreneurship. Both will be interesting and enjoyable. Hopefully I will be able to graduate in December. So far it's looking good! But we'll see.
--------------------------------
It feels good to have gotten that taken care of today. My schooling situation has weighed heavily on me the last little while, and I feel like things are already looking up. Even if a couple credits don't work for one of the clusters I'm still a lot farther than what I would have been if I had to do a new minor. Thank goodness for academic advisors! Now I'm getting closer and closer to the finish line!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Congrats on your first day of school and Whooo Hoooo for Priesthood Holders!

Chelsi said...

Congrats on the good news. That is what we like to hear. I had Gordon give me a blessing Sunday too! So grateful for the priesthood and the opportunity to be married to someone worthy to hold those sacred keys. Tonight's our favorite night for TV, yay!! :)

Amber Lanae- said...

Congrats Alli! That's so exciting! School really is worth it in the end so kudos to you for making it work! You are amazing! :o)

Amber said...

I'm so glad to hear that. You were so stressed out. (I would be too.) But seriously that was a pain in the but and a huge let down. So I hope everything goes as planned. Have a great week at school Al! See ya on Sunday...but hopefully sooner!

Neal and Angie said...

Glad you were able to get things figured out so you can still graduate in December. What a great guy! Gotta love our awesome priesthood holders! Hope school goes well this semester!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Good luck on your new semester. I always get nervous the night before. So sorry your credits got all messed up!! I'm glad you've found a solution. Keep at it..it will be worth if for sure:)

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Yea for you! It is so hard to go back, especially after a break. I am proud of you-keep your head up! Love ya!

Post a Comment