Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gotcha!...Sort of

Happy April Fools Day, everybody! I hope all you pranksters out there have had a blast playing pranks today. I know people that LIVE for this day. All their energy goes into making it better than the year before. I wasn't planning on doing anything to anybody, but yesterday I decided on a last-minute trick for my husband.

I decided that I wanted to get him in some way, so being the trickster that I am, I got home from work before him yesterday and switched all the cereal bags into different boxes. So if he grabbed for the Lucky Charms he would pour Honey Bunches of Oats into his bowl. Or the Cinnamon Toast Crunch would actually be Honey Nut Cheerios. Genius idea. Tyson and I got up around 7:15 this morning and I got to the kitchen before him. Then it dawned on me that he quite possibly could want something besides cereal for breakfast, like grapefruit. I hadn't thought of that! So of course I'm trying to sway his cravings toward cereal by saying things like, "What kind of cereal would you like?" or "Gosh, Shredded Wheat sounds awesome this morning." Lucky for me he wanted Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Perfect. This was going to be great. My plan was working. As he grabbed for the box and opened it, I was standing behind him beaming like a seven-year-old about to mess with the four-year-old brother. I'm grinning from ear to ear as Honey Nut Cheerios came spilling from the box and into his bowl. While he looked into the box and at his cereal all sorts of confused I jumped up saying, "April Fools! I tricked you!" In response he said, "Oh, you really got me."

I could tell he was just trying to be nice, it really was kind of a lame trick ha ha. But it was pretty funny to watch Tyson look so confused for a minute. That's about as much of a trickster I am! All in all I was pretty proud of myself for playing a joke on Tyson today.
Images via Google Image

6 comments:

The Merrills said...

That's a pretty good joke- very creative! Last year I got a fake pregnancy test and it worked like a charm (for about 3 minutes). I'm glad you're a blogger. And you're so good at it too- every time I look you have a new post! Hope you're doing great!

Chelsi said...

Great job! I'm glad someone played a joke today... I was to lame to even try.

Amber said...

ha ha ALli you kill me. That sounds like something I would do. Get really giddy and wait for him to react. I would be so proud of myself. I bet he was just like "good one Alli." ha ha! We did a couple on Abby at work and I didn't get to see it but I heard it was funny. I didn't do one on Che, I really should have. Anyway congrats on tricking Tyson!

Kate the Great said...

Alli you are so cute.. you make me smile. I loved it!

Whittney and Ryan said...

haha you are so funny alli standing right behind him waiting for his reaction!!! i love it!!

Unknown said...

That was a creative joke! I can just imagine you standing there waiting for him to realize it! haha.I'll have to try that next year :)

Post a Comment