Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thumbs Down to Brown

Tyson and I look forward to watching "The Biggest Loser" every Tuesday night. I have always been a fan of the brown team, father and son Ron and Mike. The last couple of weeks I've thought it was time for Ron (the father) to go home. He hadn't been keeping up with the other contestants and was just safe at every elimination. And last week it came down to him and Nicole. It was time for him to leave, and the Tongan cousins Sione and Filipe, and mother Helen all thought the same. It turned out that Nicole was voted to go home and Ron was safe for another week.

Last night we were SO disappointed in Ron's reaction to Sione and Filipe voting for him to go home. It was so immature and unnecessary, it just made us mad. Ron and Mike both kept saying how Sione and Filipe were traitors and they thought they had each other's backs. Mike said some things that were so incredibly harsh and rediculous. The one that stands out in my mind is, "I hope you get struck down and die." Seriously, is that really necessary? They're not on teams anymore, and eventually all but the winner are going to get voted off. Plus, did Ron forget that he himself voted for Filipe to go home the week before? And he's mad because Sione voted for him this week?! Whose the traitor now! It's every man for himself right now, and we thought Ron and Mike reacted so poorly to Sione and Filipe's decision. We were hoping Ron would fall below the yellow line and get sent home. He deserves to go home now. And it's really a bummer because I liked the brown team. But now we're seeing their true colors!

On another note, I think a lot of DVR users were disappointed last night when they watched "American Idol" and it got cut off before Adam Lambert could perform. We sure were! I had to look up the performance online this morning so I could see it. After work I found an interesting article about the incident, including pieces of Adam's performance and the judges' reactions. It also talks about the possibility of Adam being in the bottom three tonight because of this.
You can check that article out here.


What can we say, we love our reality TV!
Images via Google Image Search

4 comments:

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

That happened with our DVR last night too!!! Adam is amazing isn't he? Love him! I agree with you about Ron last night...I was so disappointed with him. I've really liked this season so far, because it seemed like everyone was actually concerned about everyone else's health, but the game is coming out very strongly right now...don't know how I feel about that.

Kate the Great said...

We missed Adam's performance too, but watched it online this morning. I have to admit I've really disliked Adam from the beginning. I don't think he's attractive and he frankly just creeps me out. (it doesn't help that I saw some really nasty pictures of him making out with some guy..and then that one week where his song was so weird) I do admit I like Adam's voice. I don't have to see his face to hear him on the radio. I'm bugged because I know he's going to win..and he grosses me out too much. I was sad to see Scott go home tonight. He's very talented. I want Danny to win it all.

Oh and I'm just like you..biggest losers and american idol. I missed biggest losers last night, but that's a bummer to here it turned out that way. I really like the cousins..and I did like Ron and Mike. Mike seems like a really good person. I'm sad to hear they reacted that way.

Wow, it's funny how TV controls people's schedules these days..haha Love you girl!

Adam and Brittany said...

We are reality TV junkies too! WEll, probably just me, but Adam watches with me =)

Amber said...

I loved that you posted that on your blog about the DVR thing. I was so mad! ANd I completely agree about the brown team. What's up with Ron? He's a hipocrit. Is that how you spell that? ha ha Anyway, he did the same thing the blue team the week before! Whatev!

Post a Comment