Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Minor Breakdown

This semester of school has been killer! I can't believe how crazy it has been. But it has been going very smoothly. And now we're done to less than two weeks of school. I've been doing pretty well keeping up on projects in my design class. Then this weekend the school's server went down and was down till Sunday afternoon. But the printers never came up. My plan was to print my brochure project Monday morning but the printers didn't work. I had to go to the Copy Spot in the library but those wouldn't work either. I was pretty frustrated but just figured I'd try again tomorrow.

Last night Tyson and I were talking about all the frustrations of school and how great it will be to be done soon. As we were talking I opened up the zipper in my bag to grab for my jump drive, but it wasn't there. So naturally, I panicked. I couldn't believe I'd lost it. Angry and frustrated thoughts were running through my head about how it was the school's fault I'd lost it because I should have been able to print it yesterday anyway, and I shouldn't have had to go to the Copy Spot in the library where I had the thing last. Then Tyson started helping me take all my pens and things out of the bag, only to find my jump drive at the very bottom. What a relief!! At that point I was so happy I found it I just broke down and cried. I've been so exhausted with all of these projects, and to be so close to the end and lose my jump drive would pretty much be the worst thing ever.

It felt pretty good to just have a good cry. I needed to just let it all out.. And Tyson went to the store and bought me some chocolate last night so that really helped things too. And doesn't this story sound a little familiar? A year ago, almost to the day, I had a similar experience in another communication class trying to get a project put together for a final. The post was called "After Today I Really Am Rethinking Education". It's funny how similar they really are and how close to the same time it all happened. Thankfully I am able to pull through these crazy situations and get my projects completed. I have the Lord to thank for that. I think we're put in those moments to be tested on how we deal with them. We just have to have some faith and we'll be able to do it!

Image via typepad.com

4 comments:

Whittney and Ryan said...

oh good to hear it is not just me about to go crazy at the end of this semester... 7 days and counting! I am so glad you found our flash drive that has got to be one of the worst feelings ever, working so hard all semester on a project for comm and thinking you have lost it all! Happens to me at least once a semester. oh the joys of school!

p.s. and really what idiot decided to update the system the WEEK before finals, ugh, haha can you tell i am on the verge of a breakdown too?

Judy said...

OMG! I experienced the same thing with Stacy!!!!! Only her computer crashed in the middle of all of it. Sunday night she was crying in my kitchen!!!!!!! What a horrible time of year!!!! And how can the computers be down during finals? Well in the middle of the crisis, Stacy got a new computer!!!!!! (for her B-day) Hope it gets better (and it will) for you! Love you! Kiddo!

Joanie said...

Endure! Ha ha. It can be so stressful. The good news is, you are almost done! And what an accomplishment it will be when you finish. Just another mountain :)

TacieB said...

I'm so sorry Alli! I know your brain has got to be fried. I'm so impressed with you though. I really should have re-thought my education. Ryan and I didn't do things right. If I could go back, I would have finished school along with Ryan. Instead, I started working while he finished. Now, I almost feel like it's too late because none of my credits will transfer because they are over 10 years old. You're doing the right thing for sure!

Post a Comment