Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Story of a Spit Wad

FYI: It is totally ok to laugh while reading this. It really was pretty funny when it was happening.
***
Last night Tyson and I went to Red Robin with Amber and Che' for dinner. We only had to wait five minutes or so then we were sat at our table in the bar area. We sat down and got ourselves situated when I randomly heard Tyson say,

"Did you just spit something at me?"
__
I was really confused and thought he was talking to me. So when I looked at him to as him what the heck he was talking about I noticed he was talking to the people at a table near us. It was a rounded booth in the corner full of teenagers, who at this point were either laughing or covering their faces in embarassment. Apparently one of them had spit a spit wad through their straw and it hit Tyson right in the head. Che' was sitting directly across from Tyson so he watched it come flying at him.
*
So at this point I was slightly mortified. First, that these immature teenagers were laughing after my husband had called them out on spitting something at him. Second, I thought Tyson was for sure going to go over to the table and do who knows what. I was a little scared, not going to lie. And third, EVERYONE at the tables nearby were staring. So I sat there with Amber and Che' as Tyson told one of the mangers on duty what had happened. The manager wasn't too happy and felt really bad for what had happened. He went over to the table and told the guilty party to knock it off or they had to leave.
*
Needless to say we ended up moving to another table on the other side of the restaurant. And Tyson and Che' were both pretty irritated about what had just happened. Pretty soon that same manager came by with a tower of onion rings for us to enjoy on the house, which we totally didn't expect. They didn't have to do that for us, but we really appreciated it. The manager was super nice and took really good care of us. We ended up having a great dinner and had a good time laughing and talking about our upcoming Vegas trip. Our server was awesome, and a friend of ours who is another manager at Red Robin bought us milk shakes. It was nice.
*
After dinner we all went back to our house and played some Mexican Train Dominoes. The night ended well, but at the beginning I thought there was going to be a beat down! It bothers me that some people are so immature that they have to do something as stupid as throwing a spit wad at someone in a restaurant where they're trying to enjoy their evening. Hopefully those kids learned a thing or two and won't do it again.
*
Yeah right!

6 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my! I cant believe those little brats.....oh yes I can. I'm super glad that it all ended good ane not a "BARFIGHT" :) lOVE YA

Ashley said...

Not to laugh, but it's kind of funny when reading it...in an appaling sort of way!
Whenver me and Caleb encounter immature teenagers like that, we always think to ourselves"were we that dumb?" I hope not!

Amber said...

Ha ha what I wonderful night that was. I love it!

Unknown said...

How funny and weird. Those kids had a lot of nerve!

Chelsi said...

I can't even imagine! I'm glad Tyson called them out... you even got some onion rings out the deal :) Yum! I'm hungry now!!

TacieB said...

I hate people like that! How rude. Like the people said before, at least you got free food out of it all.

Post a Comment