Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Christmas in July

The last five days or so have pretty much been awesome. A lot of good things have been going on! To start things off, on Friday we had a family barbecue with my parents and they surprised us with an early Christmas gift:

That's right, our very own ring toss boards. We play this game with my mom's side of the family every August at our family reunion (as past posts have shown) and my mom had her dad make us all our own boards. Probably one of the best presents I'll ever get!

Tyson decided to try ours out.

***

On Saturday at noon we went to this wonderful movie seen here on the right. Loved it! It was so good. Tyson and I went with Mom and Amy, Aaron and Britney, and Che' and Amber. It was so much fun! I love the Harry Potter series, and the movies have been so fun to watch. I can't wait for the last two movies. And I'm so glad they're splitting the seventh book up into two movies! It is going to be great.
***
Yesterday was a great day. Not only did Tyson come home, but I finished my visual media portfolio and turned it in. It felt so good to do that! I never thought I'd get through all those projects. But I did, and now I only have one final left this semester. Woo hoo!
***
And finally, today was an extra special day for my cousin Coya and her husband, John. Coya gave birth to their first child, Madylena, at Mountain View Hospital. And isn't she just darling! That hair is amazing. Amber, Mom, and I got to hold her today and it was so fun. She is so cute. And I can't get over that hair! We're so excited for Coya and John! Congratulations! :)
Madylena Reid
7 lb. 8 oz
19 inches long

Amber & Madylena

Mom & Madylena
***
Talk about a great few days! It felt like Christmas with all the great things happening in our lives. We sure are lucky people!
Harry Potter image via monstersandcritics.com

5 comments:

Morrows said...

How fun! I love Christmas in July! What an adorable baby! I LOVE babies!

Unknown said...

I love new babies!! Waz a cutie! I bet Amber loves working there, she can run up and see that baby anytime!
I'm so glad this semester is over for you. Hearing your schedule everyday made me freak out about going back. Now you can celebrate by going on a weekend get-away... jealous.

Ashley said...

How fun. You guys are definitely lucky, and it's great that you can see that. That little girl has got to be the cutest little newborn(next to mine of course!) I love her hair!

Judy said...

I love that baby's hair. So cute. Have a blast in Vegas!

TacieB said...

I hope you guys have a great time in Vegas! What a great way to end a semester. We loved the new Harry Potter movie, too! We've actually seen it twice now. What a beautiful new baby!

Post a Comment