Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fourth of July Festivities

I'm a little behind on this post, but better late than never I guess!
My Fourth of July weekend was a little strange. I had Thursday and Friday off from school so I was pretty excited. It turns out I got really sick Wednesday evening and I didn't start feeling better till Friday evening. Thankfully I was feeling great by the 4th. But I was still able to go to a family bbq on Friday night, which was really fun.

FRIDAY NIGHT: Bbq at Mom & Dad Miller's
Dustin & Erika put together a bbq at Tyson's parents' house. It was a lot of fun. Thanks again, Dustin & Erika!

I was so bummed I couldn't eat dinner with everybody! But it was still fun being there. Here is one of the tables. Check out those little tents. Erika found those for putting over bowls when outside and they're awesome! I need to get me some of those. Perfect for camping.

Erika made this super cute flag out of cupcakes. Yummy!

Our contribution was rice krispy treats. We made tried to show our patriotism by putting the sprinkles on them. :)


Tyson & Kate

Visiting before we eat

Everybody digging in.
Jealous!
I had Sprite and saltines for dinner.

Cooper & Easton chowin' down

Erika's sister & her husband


Dustin & Erika's nieces and nephews on Erika's side, plus Cooper

Our super cute nieces & nephews
Kate, Lillie, Cooper, Easton & Bailey
And look! No tears! Just a couple of blank faces ha ha.
Time for fireworks!
Erika and some of the girls playing with sparklers.

Tyson & a Roman candle

A little traumatized after it exploded
***

SATURDAY: A bbq with the Murri's
Before the fireworks we went to a bbq at Lance & Trina's house. It was fun seeing more family.

Playing some ring toss



Everybody visiting, eating & playing ring toss
There's Mom in the red!

Glad to be there!

Coya's baby is due in a couple of weeks and her poor little feet are so swollen! I'm pretty sure that's what she's talking about with John and Kristen.

John & Tyson tossing some rings

Dad & others hangin' out

Onto the Meleleuca Freedom Celebration!
We love going to the fireworks on the river in Idaho Falls. And we had excellent seats. We sat on the bridge right were the fireworks go off. We could see them shooting out, it was crazy! We had a great time with some of Tyson's family and Amber & Che'.
Did we mention this fireworks show is ranked 14th in the nation? Pretty cool!

Amber & Che'


Tyson's family trying to get the stereo to work.
The batteries ended up going dead, but it was still fun without it!

Tyson applying his bug spray

Sisters

All of us

Tyson's parents having a good time

Erika, Dustin & Lillie


Tyson & I

Che' just happy to be there

The view from where we were sitting

And they're off! See how close we were? The fireworks were going off right below those people right there. So fun!


And seeing as it is Thursday, we are so thankful for this free country that we live in! And we're also thankful for those men and women who have sacrificed their lives to keep it that way. We are also thankful for such wonderful family and friends who love and support us. We don't know what we'd do without all of you!
We hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

5 comments:

Steph said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday. Weren't the fireworks awesome!? Looks like you had great seats.

So. . .Sprite and Saltines? Hmm. . .is there something you're trying to tell us? ;)

Unknown said...

You took some good pictures! That pic of Tyson applying bug spray made me laugh and want to say, "Daniel!"

Chelsi said...

Great pics as usual. Love and miss the IF fireworks... there the best :)

TacieB said...

I love all the pictures! I'm so glad you do this blog and can somewhat feel like I'm there. Yes, the I.F. fireworks are the best! They don't do anything here in Yakima. Boo!

Judy said...

so glad you got feeling better. looks like you had a bleast and oh.....I love the blanket :)

Post a Comment