Saturday, February 28, 2009

Farewell, Tom

Tyson and I said goodbye to our fish, Tom, this afternoon after I discovered our little friend lying at the bottom of his bowl not moving. I had gone into the guest room to feed him and he never came up to the top to get any food. When I saw him lying there I screamed for Tyson, knowing that our little fish wasn't alive. It was so sad! Tom was almost three years old, and I've never known of a beta fish living that long. Tom joined my family December of '07 after my roommate, Katie, couldn't take care of him anymore. She was moving home to Kentucky and couldn't take him with her, so I took him in. Over a year later Tom left us. He was a good little fish and our little pet. We still have Milton, a red beta from Amber's wedding in September of '07. He's still going strong, too! He was part of one of the center pieces at the reception and I took him home. It was three months later when I adopted Tom.
Tom was a member of our family and a great little pet. We will miss him!
photo via Katie Hatton

6 comments:

Katie Lee said...

sad story. poor fishy. we don't have any pets, cuz I'm afraid they would meet the same tragic end. We are hardly home, so it wouldn't be fair to the pet. Farewell Tom.

Jarae said...

Poor Tom! :(

Britney O'Connor said...

Yeah, it was absolutely HORRIBLE. I held it together until Aaron lost it...then I had no chance. Ha ha. We haven't spent a day apart since we've been married so this is NO fun! And I agree, you guys had better come visit me!

Chelsi said...

Sad... it's always hard to lose a pet no matter what they are. Glad Milton is still holding strong.

Amber said...

Goodbye Tom we will miss you. But you are in a better place now. :)

Kate the Great said...

Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh sad! A little more background on Tom. I bought him on a date back in October of '06. He was named after Tom Welling from Smallville. The joy in many hearts.. you will be missed!
Thank you so much Alli for taking Tom in when he had no place else to go. You are such a wonderful person for that.

*Katie*

Post a Comment