Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our Latest Project

Tyson and I have slowly but surely been getting the house decorated. Most of the new decorations we received for our wedding have finally been picked up off the floor and are now hanging on the walls or have been placed nicely somewhere in the house.

Last week I went to a fun store in Idaho Falls called Rod & Vinyl where I found some really fun and heavy-duty picture frames. I also found some knobs and ribbon to put on the wall so the frames can hang from them. After putting those up we decided we wanted to find a table to go underneath everything.

So on Valentine's Day, Tyson and I decided to head over to Real Deals in Idaho Falls to see if they still had the table we really liked. Of course, it wasn't there and we were bummed. But we did find a sign that read "It's a Wonderful Life" to put on the wall above the pictures for only $7. Then Tyson had the brilliant idea of heading over to Fred Meyer to see if they had any furniture sales going on. Luckily they were having a monster of a sale, and everything was an extra 50% off the already clearanced price! So we found ourselves a table for less than $60. It was wonderful! It was a win-win situation because we love the table and it was $300 cheaper than the one we wanted at Real Deals. And our finished product turned out pretty cute. It feels good to be getting somewhere with our decorating!

12 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh it looks really great Ali! Don't you love that Rod and Vinyl store?

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I love it!! Where is Rod and Vinyl-I want to come to town soon and I have to black frames that are similar and I need a third. I am so excited.

Ashley and Dave said...

I have never been to Rod and Vinyl...but I have seen it and I plan on going now!
OH my GoSH...the picture in your blog heading is soooo gorgeous of you!!! It is a stinkin cute picture of both of you together too!

Ashley and Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley and Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley and Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley and Dave said...

Ha! Sorry, those were all me! My computer was being slow and so I got a little button happy and it posted my comment four times....lovely.

Kristi said...

Looks great! Good job!

Neal and Angie said...

What a great look! I love your black frames. I want to look at Rody and Vinyl...oh so jealous! Wish I had a house to decorate :) It's fun to decorate your own place and you guys have great taste!

Amber said...

I love that it looks so cute. I can't wait to go to Rod and Vinyl for the first time. Not sure when I'll go but I'm excited. And I like where it's at, it's perfect. It makes me want to do something like that. Just don't know where ha ha. See ya this weekend! love ya

Criscell said...

SOOOO cute! Oh, I LOVE decorating! And two of my very favorite stores are Rod and Vinyl and Real Deals.

VicandNanc said...

Alli, your top blog picture is PERFECT! How fun to have such an adorable picture of both of you on your wedding day. It is funny to read so much about my cousin Tyson's living habbits! I guess I should have guessed that about him on most of them though! Your decorating is cute too. It is SO much fun to have a new home & slowly watch it get filled in! ...our formal front room still needs a lot of help with one lonely piano in there, but I am really starting to love the rest of the house & it's been TWO years so you are ahead of the game! (It does help that you have a willing husband though! Vic drags his feet on any decorating purchases!)

Post a Comment