Thursday, February 26, 2009

These Be Our People

Who is not loving season 8 of American Idol?! I love it! I have to admit that we haven't been too thrilled with how the voting is working this season, but I think the top 12 will still work out to be a pretty great top 12. Hopefully! There are still two weeks left of results, including tonight. Which brings me to the following discovery: After last night, we love Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta!
The first few performances were rough, and Tyson and I were a little disappointed listening to a few of our favorites pretty much bomb by picking the wrong songs. I kept saying, "Did they not watch last week's show?" It was a little frustrating. But when contestant 5 Allison Iraheta announced that she was singing "Alone" by Heart I was sold. Before she had said anything I thought in my mind that she should be singing something by Pat Benetar, Heart, or other rocker gals because those kinds of songs fit her voice. And there she went singing one of my favorite songs of all time! And Tyson and I loved it. Totally impressed! She had our vote for sure and also our award for best performance. If only they can get her personality to come out during interviewing...
Then Mr. Adam Lambert shows up on stage singing "Satisfaction" by the Stones, and that performance was out-of-this-world awesome! We couldn't believe how crazy his range is and how great of a performer he is. We had been recording American Idol so we could watch "The Biggest Loser" first (also an amazing show), so by the time we had gotten to Adam's performance the phone lines were open. The entire time he was singing Tyson and I were voting for him like crazy! I hope he gets into the top 12!!
_______________________
After last night's show, we're hoping for the following to be put through to the top 12:
-Adam Lambert-
-Allison Iraheta-
Matt Giraud, Mishavonna Henson or Megan Corkrey
Matt and Mishavonna we have always really liked, but they both chose songs that didn't work for them. I'm excited to see the results tonight! Tyson will be at Sounds practice so I have to wait till about 10:00 when he gets home to watch it. I hope I can wait that long!
photos via americanidol.com

6 comments:

Chelsi said...

What would we do without dang reality TV?? Loved both Allison and Adam last night. They are keepers for sure!

Amber said...

Oh my favorites were the exact same. I love Adam and Allison. And what great names right? I picked Chris for my 3rd. I really like him. I thought Megan was weird. Anyway, I can't wait for tonight. I just hope Adam and ALlion for sure make it through! And biggest loser was aweomse too! DId you watch? Next week will be so good! Oh and you can't forget the Apprenctice and top model starts Wed! Hooray for reality TV!

The Duckers said...

I agree EXACTLY with your votes in the same way. Matt and Mishavonna and Megan I like too. But we really like Norman Gentle too!!! :o)

AND...I also watch biggest loser! SO GOOD! I can't believe that team sent Dane home!!! They are all slowly going to get picked off one by one now!!

Party of Five said...

You crack me up! I actually haven't been watching this season, but now maybe I'll start!

Unknown said...

We loved them, too! We watch religiously. We always make it a party and stuff, too. Like make pizza or something and get a huge Mt. Dew. I love AI nights!

Ashley and Dave said...

Adam was BY FAR my favorite! I think Allison did a great job, she is just a total WIERDIE!

Post a Comment