Monday, September 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I can't believe it has already been two weeks since I've moved down to Utah. Time sure does fly when you're having fun! Or something like that. Actually, things have really been going well with my internship and life down in Farmington. I've loved being able to live with family and not by myself somewhere. It has helped a lot.

The last two weekends have been absolutely amazing. I have had a hard time not seeing my family and loved ones every day like I normally do. But last weekend Tyson came down and we were able to spend the entire weekend together. The original plan was for him to come on Saturday, but he decided to leave for Utah right after work on Friday. He surprised me with a dozen multi-colored roses, they were so pretty. We were able to visit his brother, sister-in-law, and neice in Magna while he was here. We also met up with one of his friends from his BYU-Idaho days. She was a lot of fun and super nice. It was such a great weekend! I didn't want him to leave though, it just went too fast.

I spent this last weekend in Idaho and it was a picture perfect weekend. My plan was to leave from work on Thursday night (I don't work Fridays, it's nice) and get to Idaho Falls around 8:30 or 9. Atleast that's what I told everyone I was doing. Instead, I left work at 4:00 (I had to get to Rexburg anyway) and drove to Idaho Falls to surprise Tyson after he got home from work. The plan worked out great, I even surprised Amber. I spent that evening in Rexburg getting some things done and seeing old friends. I miss them all!

On Friday I picked Tyson up for lunch and we headed to Carino's. It was fun being able to see work friends again. We even ran into some regulars that I know just from serving them. Kathy was our server so that made lunch that much better. I love Kathy! She's one of my best pals. It was fun. That night we spent the evening with Tyson's family having pizza and playing games. We played a game called "Laugh Your Butt Off" and it was hilarious. Clark and Tyson were making me laugh so hard, I couldn't breathe at times. It was great.

On Saturday Tyson and I spent the day together relaxing and watching a movie. It was nice to be able to just sit there. That night we had a game night at my parents' house. Amber, Che', Aaron, and Britney also came over so it ended up being a lot of fun. I love my family. I went to Tyson's ward on Sunday to hear him speak. He did an awesome job.

I ended up leaving at about 7:00 last night to head back to Farmington and it was hard to go. I hate leaving my family like that. I just have to keep reminding myself why I'm here, and it makes things easier. Take one day at a time. I love my family, and I'm so glad I was able to spend the weekend with them and with Tyson. It was a lot of fun. And it was so nice being back in my comfort zone around everything I know and love. I already can't wait to come back to visit!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you like the drive from farmington to slc? how long does it take you to get there? when we left down last weekend to go to idaho, from slc to farmington i thought of you and your drive. I am only 10 min from my work and am thankful i dont have to get on the i-15. have you seen many wrecks? I always hear about it on the morning radio traffic report

Criscell said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I bet you do miss your family...and certain other people in your life...

Ashley and Dave said...

So, who is this Tyson fellow? Yes, I am being nosey...give me juicy details on my blog.

Kate Call said...

dorthy knew what she was talking about when she said "theres no place like home" eh??? its so true, even though i've been away from I.F for a long time, there is not a better feeling than going back to see my fam! GORGEOUS roses.. and what a cute little guy you have got!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I glad things are going well and that you are happy. Looks like you are having fun too-the roses are beautiful and Tyson seems like such nice guy-perfect for you! Love ya!

Court and Brade said...

I want to know the same thing... Who is this cute tyson guy???? :) I'm glad your internship is going well.. girl, good thing you just moved away from your fam for a few months~ it's hard being away huh!!!! it's so awesome that your fam is all so close. I love it!

Judy said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! Hey, you need to check out my blog, a few posts down. (the award one) I love to see your stuff on your blog! Just thought I would let you know! Love ya!

Jessica said...

I had a hard time being away from home, it did get easier after being away for 5 years but I am sure glad to be back now.

Your roses are beautiful!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment