Sunday, September 21, 2008

Engagement Night Photos

I'm so giddy, I can hardly stand it! :) It has been such an awesome weekend. I can't believe I'm engaged! Before I get into the photos I'll tell quickly how Tyson proposed:

_____________________________

Yesterday was kind of a rough day in the beginning. I was really missing Tyson, and knowing I wasn't going to see him this weekend was making me sad. I went to work at 8:00 and left by about noon when I decided to visit my grandma in Midvale. I stayed for about an hour when I decided to head back to Farmington. Tyson called me when I was just leaving and we talked as I drove back. He was just leaving Rexburg after seeing a client. When I got back to Farmington I decided to run on the treadmill for a bit and relieve some stress. Soon my aunt Penney came in and told me she needed some help with a Thai party she and my uncle Bob were having that night. So I told her I would finish running, shower and get ready, then go help her. Of course I took my sweet time working out. I was so frustrated that day, it helped to run it all off. By the time I had gotten in the shower and out it was almost 4:00. I put my make up on and started my hair when Penney came downstairs to tell me she needed my help as soon as possible. So I sped up a little and started curling my hair.

At about 4:30 Tyson called me. I was getting closer to finishing my hair and wasn't dressed for the night yet. But I wanted to talk to him anyway. We chatted for a bit when Penney came in telling me she needed my help with something. Then the door bell rang and Penney told me to go answer it. I was wearing bright pink sweats and a bright yellow Spongebob t-shirt at this point and my hair was about 3/4 of the way curled, but I thought, "Oh well, nobody knows me here. They won't care." When I got to the door I told Tyson to hold on a second while I opened the door. When I opened it, there he was standing on the front step. I was in complete shock! I couldn't believe he was there. He says now that my face was classic, he didn't know if I was happy or mad! Of course I just ran to him, I was so happy to see him. Then I looked down and saw a vase just full of the most beautiful flowers. Roses, lilies, gerber daisies...so pretty! Then we went and sat down on the bench and he told me he had another "mixed tape" for me. (We have been making each other mixed CD's or "mixed tapes" as we like to call them.) When I turned the CD over the cover said, "Allison, will you marry me?" on the top of it. When I looked up he was down on one knee with my ring. It was so great! I was so excited I didn't know what to do. Of course at that moment I was completely mortified just thinking about what I was wearing when I got proposed to! Horrifiying! (Atleast Amber and Kaylie can appreciate the Spongebob part of it ha ha.) My uncle and aunt came around the corner and they were so excited for us.

I finally got completely ready and we went out in the back yard to take pictures. Penney took them, she's quite the natural! We have a bunch of really good ones. After pictures we drove to Salt Lake and had dinner at The Roof in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. We had a table with an awesome view of the Salt Lake Temple. It was absolutely perfect. And it was so romantic! After dinner we walked around Temple Square and talked about our night.
Our night was perfect, I couldn't have asked for a better engagement. I love him so much! And I'm so excited to be getting married to him in January.
________________

Here are some of the pictures we took that awesome day. Enjoy!


23 comments:

Camille said...

Congratulations!! You two make a very cute couple. Good luck with all the fun wedding plans! We are in the middle of planning Carli's wedding right now. What a fun time!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!
I don't know if you remember me from high school- I think we had a seminary class together. And I was friends with Aaron! _But anyway I was checking Judy's blog and saw that you were engaged- and I know him! We are kind of related - well, not really but his grandma Pauline Hill is married to my Great Uncle Bill- strange relation- I know! But I just wanted to say Congrats, and I hope the wedding plans run smoothly! You are a cute couple!

Anonymous said...

Awww thats adorable! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!!! SOOO EXCITING!

Judy said...

Make me cry! I am so happy for you...and we all told you that something GREATER would come along! How wonderful for you both!

Steve and Karissa said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! It really is the best time of your life! He seems like a really great guy!

Kasey said...

Yeah Alli! I am super excited for you! Congratulations to you both!! Yeah Yeah Yeah!! Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey

The King's said...

I am so excited for you and love the story! I am glad that he was able to surprise you and make is such a special night! I really like the ring as well, did you pick it out or did he do it all by himself?

Jessica said...

That is awesome Allison! Congratulations, what a perfect night!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Um holy shit!! I didn't even know you guys were serious--I guess from the posts that you were dating--I feel like such an idiot for trying to set you up!! HAHA. BUT CONGRATS!!! You two are a gorgeous couple, the engagement story is so cute and I love the pictures. Can't wait to hear more about the wedding! See things always work out:)

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I am so excited and happy for you I could just cry! What a cute way to propose. Good luck with all the planning-it is so fun. Love ya!

Talia said...

CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS! You guys make the most good looking couple! Enjoy EVERY second of this fun time. It's goes by to quickly!

P.S. What a lucky guy he is!

Steph said...

Well, congrats to you both! that is so exciting! And I'm so in love with your ring--BEAUTIFUL! You got some great photos that night, too. I love the one with the temple. Good luck with the plans--Oh, I love wedding plans!

Chelsi said...

So excited for you! You two look perfect together. Love your ring... please don't forget me when it's bridal shower time. Love your cute face!

Neal and Angie said...

So glad you posted the incredibly cute story and pictures...you two truly are a match made in heaven! Love the ring! So January, that gives you 4 months to plan your wedding! How fun!!!

Abe n Linz said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. I don't know him, but I know any guy to get you is lucky!
Good luck with everything.

Criscell said...

What a sweet way to propose! I'm SOOO happy for you both! He is a great guy! Darling pics too, by the way.

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Yay Alli!!!! I am so excited for you!!! Every time I looked at your blog I was wondering when it was going to happen. :) You are so awesome and you look so happy. You so deserve to be happy. You are such an awesome person and I can't wait. :) Make sure and send us an invitation. :) Love ya girl.

Baileys said...

oh Alli! I love it!!! Can't wait to meet up with you this week.

scsattnco said...

Congratulations Alli! Cute pictures; you look so happy!

Amber Penrod said...

Congratulations!!!! That is such a cute story! I hope you got at least one picture of the pink sweats and t-shirt!!! Congrats, and good luck to you!

Kate Call said...

ahhhhh!!! i didn't know it was this serious.. not like we are totally BFF's.. but i have been checkn your blog regularly and have only seen 1 picture of him on here.. so i was pleasantly SHOCKED to see this FANTABULOUS announcement! how fun for you!! enjoy this engagement time.. its SOOOO fun and you will LOVE being married! i'm so excited for you.. i have chills! .... and LOVE the ring!! keep us updated every step of the way you gorgeous girl.. gorgeous bride-to-be.. ahhh. so fun!

Amber said...

love it! love it! (That reminds me of "doin it, doin it, phone doin it." ha ha!) OH ALli I am so happy for you. I have just wanted this for you so bad. After all the things before you know. I just felt so bad. And now look at you! You have snagged one who is so wonderful for you and he is quite the lucky one himself. I love you so much Alli and can't tell you enough how happy I am for you guys. Can't wait for all the good times! YAY FOR WEDDINGS!

Court and Brade said...

congrats congrats congrats!!! I asked who this Tyson guy was... and NOW I KNOW!! He is the love of your life! I am so excited for you. You will LOVE being married. You two look adorable together and you look beautiful and so happy. congrats cute girl!

Post a Comment