Sunday, February 13, 2011

What We've Been Up To

Brycen hasn't slept well at night for the last couple of weeks. Tyson and I haven't slept much during that time. Last night was probably the worst. We think it has something to do with him cutting teeth. But he also woke up pretty stuffy last night. But with all that, he is an excellent napper. It doesn't take him long to fall asleep at all when it comes time to take a nap. The other day he was taking a nap on my bed and his eye lashes looked super long. And that little mouth is so sweet. I had to take a picture:



Brycen loves Bear. He takes naps with Bear and Bear also helps him calm down when he's upset. Brycen hasn't used a binky since he was four months old, and not because we kept it from him. He just never wanted it. He would spit it out every time we gave it to him, even when he was fussy. But if we give him Bear, he just sucks on his ear or arm to calm himself down. He loves that Bear:



We have a blanket that my parents gave us for Christmas last year. Brycen loves that thing! He will be on the floor and just roll around in it. He also likes to bite on it, which I think also has something to do with teething. He loves that thing:



Brycen has been known to watch classic episodes of "Rugrats" these days:


And he's still enjoying "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" as well:


Another stuffed animal Brycen really likes is his turtle, Timmy. My mom got this for him around Thanksgiving and he loves it:


Brycen is SO close to crawling! He just can't seem to get the last leg out from underneath himself. Check out his awesome pose:


He has a fascination with big toes these days. He's been known to suck on his own big toe every now and again. Or sometimes he'll just stare at it:


Or he'll try to suck on mine. (I know, so gross. I happened to have the camera in my hand when he went for it, so I grabbed a quick picture!):

Brycen has had some major long hairs going over his ears. The other night Tyson decided to give Brycen's hair a trim. I told him to wait for my sister Amy to cut it, but he couldn't wait. So now there's a big chunk of hair missing on the side of Brycen's head:



I've been working on a craft lately that has taken me over a month to do. It is really cute, but super time-consuming (as many of my friends and family have experienced!) Tomorrow is Valentine's day and I'm still not done with it. We'll see if I can get it up before February is over:


Piano lessons are going really well. I still just have the three students, but a fourth will be starting soon. I have more openings if anybody happens to have an interest in their child or children taking piano!
The recipe blog has been keeping me busy, but it's so much fun! I didn't realize how much fun I'd have with it. And how many visitors I get every day. It's pretty cool how people all over the world have visited:


And lately I've been a little lazy with diapers. Sometimes during the day when I don't feel like going out to the trash can I just toss them on the steps in the garage. Most of the time they don't stay on the steps and they roll all over. It really isn't tough to get to the trash, I just get a little lazy with it sometimes ha ha:

4 comments:

Joanie said...

Brycen sucking on Bear is the cutest thing ever!! He's so fun!

I had the same problem with diapers. Then I started leaving a grocery bag hanging outside the door that I would drop then in. Eventually I broke down and bought a tall kitchen garbage can to keep right next to the steps that I could throw diapers in. I think that was before they gave us actual garbage cans from the city. But it's just too cold to walk the few extra steps to get to the big garbage can.

Kasey said...

Oh so fun!! That first pic..he looks like an angel!! Don't worry about the toe thing..mine have all thought it was the coolest thing..it grosses me out when they tried though! :) And I am SO glad I am not the only one that does that with the diapers! I REALLY HATE touching trash cans..so I kinda refuse. So I put them on the side porch and Cory gathers them and tosses them. I know..ridiculous! :) He is just so cute Alli!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Brycen is a cute, cute boy. I love his bear. If you don't have a few back up bears, you might one to search for them quick and keep them in the closet when the first bear wears out.;)

beckywestergard said...

Brycen is so cute!!! I love that picture of him sucking on his bear is so funny. I was also laughing at the diapers in the garage because I do the same thing. Luckily Remy is getting old enough he likes to help so he takes his own diapers out and throws them in the garbage.

Post a Comment