Friday, February 4, 2011

Brycen Notes

Ever since Brycen was born I've been filling up his book with little details about his life. And now the thing is overflowing and I'm running out of writing space. So this post is pretty much a run over from his baby book:
  • Brycen does not like green beans. I bought a bunch and have fed them to him anyway just so I don't have to waste them. Today I fed him the last container for lunch and it was pretty entertaining. He was wincing a little with every bite, and about half way through his meal he started gagging on every bite. I couldn't help but laugh. He'd gag and his eyes would water, then he'd open his mouth for more. He was being pretty sweet about eating his lunch, even though he really didn't care for it. Poor kid. I'm so mean. But all the green beans are gone and out of the house. So no more green beans for Brycen! At least not blended up green beans. He'll be eating his beans when he's older for sure!
  • Yesterday (Feb. 3) Tyson discovered that Brycen is cutting his first tooth. Brycen kept trying to bite on Tyson's finger and Tyson could feel it. I'm so excited for the little guy! He'll be a toddler before we know it. I'm just glad he lasted this long without teeth. They'll probably start popping up like weeds pretty soon.
  • During the day Brycen watches "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Rugrats". And he really likes the Imagination Movers and Warehouse Mouse when they come on for a few minutes in between shows and during commercial breaks on Playhouse Disney.
  • He's going to start crawling any day now, I can tell. He gets up on his knees a lot but doesn't go anywhere. Pretty soon he's going to figure it out and won't stop going!
  • At the beginning of the week I noticed that Brycen was on his back by the chair in our living room. I was in the kitchen and thought to myself that I would go sit him back up in just a minute. He wasn't upset or anything so I knew he was fine. When I walked over to sit him back up he had gotten over to the railing by our stairs, which is clear across the room. He had rolled the whole way over. I assume that he did so because he rolled the whole way back. It was so funny! And I'd never seen him roll from his back to his tummy so that was exciting for me.
  • Brycen loves to eat puffs. He has apple cinnamon puffs and sweet potato puffs right now. He also loves those little Gerber yogurt bites.
  • We had a choking scare with Brycen the other night. He was in his highchair eating a Gerber cookie and he tried swallowing a bigger piece that had broken off. His face started changing colors and Tyson had to reach his fingers in his throat to pull it out. It really scared me. I decided I'm not going to give him one of those cookies till he's just a bit older. They dissolve really well, but not fast enough if he was to get a piece stuck in his throat like that again. Scary experience! {Shiver}

6 comments:

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

That's so funny that he doesn't like green beans, because Addie doesn't like them either! I bought a bunch, just like you did, but I gave them to a neighbor. I gave her canned beans the other night, broken up really small & she ate those just fine. Funny babies! Just wait until he starts crawling. You'll have to keep every door in your house shut.

Kristi said...

Brycen is so sweet! What a sweet guy for polishing off the green beans.

Joanie said...

My kids gag on green beans too! And I did the same thing with Kylee, she'd start gagging on them and still open up for another bite. Unfortunately they gag on canned green beans as well. I hate them so I figured we will just not eat beans. We like every other veggie. Brycen is so cute! I hope you have a gate up on those stairs!

Judy said...

He is growing so fast. I hate the choking thing. Makes my blood turn cold!!!! He's adorable!

beckywestergard said...

He is so cute!! It is fun to keep track of these little things because than you can look back on all of the cute things they do.

Kasey said...

How fun! LOVE that he's getting so big!!! Oh! Funny story! Gage has always hated green beans, even in the baby food jars. When he was a lil over a year Cory and I were going out so we gave Gage and Taya those Gerber toddler meals (sorta look like tv dinner things). anyway..it was ravioli and green beans. He would totally clamp his mouth shut for the beans. Cory thought he would be smooth and trick him in to eating them. I got Gage to look away and Cory put a green bean on the fork then a piece of ravioli. Gage opened his mouth and we thought "YES!" Then..Gage takes the ravioli out of his mouth with one hand, the green bean with the other. He put the bean on his tray and put the ravioli back in his mouth and ate it! Crazy kids! They are too smart!

And..for those cookies or the bitter biscuits..he will do LOTS better with them when his tooth comes in. Even just one tooth will give him something to scrap off super small slices on the outside of them and something to start chewing with! :)

Post a Comment