Friday, February 25, 2011

InfantSEE

For the longest time our pediatrician told us to go in and have Brycen's eyes checked. I finally took him in yesterday, and it was a really good experience. The program is called "InfantSEE" and it's a check-up for babies age 6-12 months. Brycen sat on my lap while I sat in the chair and Dr. Porter checked his eyes. I had no idea how a baby could possibly get their eyes checked without being able to talk. But I was amazed at how well she was able to get the job done. She was really funny and sang a lot of songs. She had all sorts of bright and lit-up toys for Brycen to focus on while she did the checking.

Results: Brycen's vision is "excellent". She wants to see him again when he's two, but otherwise his vision is awesome. Yay! One more thing that we don't have to worry about right now. PS The InfantSEE program is free if you take your baby in between ages 6-12 months. You don't even have to pay a copay. So run on in to the Family Vision Center on Channing in Idaho Falls and see Dr. Porter!

3 comments:

Neal and Angie said...

Amen! haha I'm a little biased since Neal is going to be an optometrist :) and I agree I LOVE Stacy's blanket, it's just so cuddly! I'm glad it's fixed Brycen's trouble with sleeping. Hope you're doing good!

Judy said...

That's crazy that they can check a babies eyes!!!!

Kristie said...

My sister in law (Melanie) use to work there and I took mason in at 6mths. She was so great with Mason too. We just saw her on Sunday Because Mel and JR blessed there baby and she came with her family. She is really nice.

Post a Comment