Sunday, May 2, 2010

Applebee's Blondie Brownie with Maple Butter Sauce

I made this on Friday night for the first time and it was really good! I hope you like it too!
...
Applebee's Blondie Brownie
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts {the pre-chopped packages in the store are 1/2 c. portions so one of those is perfect!}
  • 1/3 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Maple Butter Sauce

  • 3/4 cup pure maple syrup {you might want to use a little less, maybe 1/2 cup, since the stuff is pretty strong}
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • about 4 oz. cream cheese {at most, depending how you want your sauce to taste}
  • 1/2 c. chopped walnuts - optional {I didn't use walnuts in my sauce}

Directions:

Sift flour. Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the flour and sift again. Add the chopped nuts. Mix well and set aside.

Melt the butter. Add brown sugar and mix well. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Blend well. Add the flour mixture a little at a time and mix well. Stir in the white chocolate chips.

Spread the dough in a greased 9x9 pan. {I used an 8x8 since I don't have a 9x9 and it worked great. As long as it's a square pan around that size!} Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with fudgy-looking crumbs.

For the maple butter sauce:

Combine the syrup and butter in a sauce pan. Cook over low heat until the butter is melted. Stir in the brown sugar until dissolved. Add about a tablespoon of cream cheese and whisk it in. Add more until you get the thickness and taste you want. Add a splash of vanilla for a little bit of extra flavor.

Serve the brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle the maple butter sauce over the top. Enjoy! It's delish!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me!?! I'm making this tomorrow night. I'm obsessed with it!

Charles Family said...

Oh Al! You don't know how I have been craving one of these lately. I will be trying this out for sure! Thanks for sharing it.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Sounds fabulous..... Sunday evening blog hopping.....
Have 2 great giveaways that I am drawing for on late tonight.....
Hope you will stop by.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/04/oh-happy-day-and-giveway-no-two.html

Ann said...

I wanted to see the pictures of this beautiful baby. Your mom is a proud and happy grandma. Thanks for the recipe too. Those are my favorites.

beckywestergard said...

That looks so delicious!! you are quite the little chef.:-)

Kristie said...

OH MY GOSH I"M SO HAPPY YOU POSTED THIS!!!! I LOVE THIS!!! I'm for sure going to be making this. Thanks for posting it.

Adam and Brittany said...

Yummy! I love that =)

Post a Comment