Sunday, January 3, 2010

Baby Boy Update

I am currently 5 1/2 months pregnant. How in the world did that happen?! It seems like yesterday I was at 6 weeks and freaking out. I have enjoyed being pregnant so much. It has been a wonderful experience!

I have had some requests to post belly pictures. I promise those will be coming! I have been taking pictures every four weeks, and the next one will come up at week 24 (in 2 weeks). So I'll post some then. In the mean time, I've had a few thoughts and experiences that I want to share and keep for record:


  • Baby Boy has been moving around A LOT more than before. It is very apparent that there is a baby inside of me! At first (at around 14 weeks) I started feeling little flutteries that were super light. Then out of nowhere I started feeling a lot more movement. This is quite the active child I'm carrying!
  • When I went to lunch with Tyson's mom, sisters, and other girls in the Miller family last Monday I felt the baby kick for the very first time. I set my arm on my stomach and almost immediately felt a kick from the little guy. I was so excited I cried! Everyone was really excited for me, and I was just tickled to death! Tyson's mom and sister joined in on the tears and it was a great moment. One to remember forever!
  • That night after I had felt the baby kick for the first time I was hoping and praying Tyson would be able to feel it too. While we were watching TV in bed I put Tyson's hand on my stomach and held it there. I felt the baby moving inside me, but Tyson couldn't. I soon felt a big lurch in my stomach. And sure enough I looked over at Tyson, and by the look on his face he confirmed that he felt the baby move. He was so excited! It made me feel so happy to see Tyson's excitement. He said it made things very real for him from that moment. He hasn't been able to feel what I've felt. So him feeling our little boy kick was a precious moment for us.
  • The last few nights the baby has been moving like crazy. I woke up at about 5 am today and it felt like my stomach was actually moving up and down from all the movement. I didn't fall back asleep till the baby calmed down. It is the coolest feeling! I love it.
  • In church today the baby would kick every time I folded my arms over my stomach. I guess he didn't want them there! It was so fun, I kept laughing when it happened.

____________________

Being pregnant has been an experience that I will always cherish. I am grateful for the opportunity to take care of this little guy before bringing him into this crazy world. I am so excited to be a mom and think about how he is a part of me every time I look at him. I love him so much! I don't think I've ever loved anything more. It is definitely a wonderful feeling.

image via babyminestore.com

7 comments:

Ashley said...

What a totally sweet post! I just love pregnancy. What a surreal amazing experience. Thanks for sharing!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Oh I could cry when I read posts like this! How fun. You have had a busy past couple of months! Congrats on graduating and finding out its a boy!! Ash texted me before you posted it and I was so excited for you! I think I knew it. can't wait to see belly pics!

Kristi said...

Its definitely the best part of pregnancy. You made it! I'm glad to hear this little one is active and willing to let the rest of his family about it!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your enjoying it now. The first part of being pregnant isn't always fun, but I honestly love being pregnant. I think it's so neat to feel the baby move and create a baby inside you! I'm glad your enjoying it.
Plus, it's still exciting and fun in subsequent pregnancies. I'm so happy for you guys!

Kelsey said...

isn't that just the BEST feeling in the WHOLE WORLD?!? I swear nothing compares to it. Having a baby inside of you is one of the most incredible things the Lord has given us. I'm sooo excited for you and glad that everything is going good with the pregnancy.

Kasey said...

I am so excited for you two! You will be great parents because you are both great people! Funny that Tyson said that because that is when it always becomes "real" for Cory too..especially with the first!! Congratulations again! Miss you and love you! Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey

Leslie and Tyson said...

I haven't looked at blogs for a while so I'm just finding out that you are pregnant!! I'm so excited for you! Little boys are the best! You are going to just love being a mommy!

Post a Comment