Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tyson's First Surgery

My dear husband went in for surgery on his shoulder at Mountain View Hospital this afternoon at 2:45. It has been a pretty crazy week waiting for today to come. But it came, he had the surgery, and everything went really well. He had a very severe cartilage tear that was in need of fixing. We had to wait a little while before going in for surgery. He didn't go into the operating room till almost 5:00.

After an hour and a half of time in the waiting room with Tyson's mom, my mom, and Amber the doctor came in and told me he did really well and things were able to be fixed. After another 30 minutes I was able to go in and see my hubby. He was pretty out of it, but alert enough to ask for me after he started waking up. He kept falling asleep while I was talking to him, and I repeated a lot of things multiple times after he asked me the same questions over and over. He was definitely out of it. The first time he fell asleep it freaked me out because all of a sudden his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and he hadn't closed them yet. I had a minor freak out, and as I looked at his vitals they were fine. It was at that point I knew he was just falling asleep on me ha ha. Another time where I freaked out a little was when they were taking the wires off of him that were monitoring his heart. I didn't know they were doing this, I was packing up all of our stuff and getting ready to leave. Then I looked up and saw the monitor, which was flat lining. I once again freaked out a little, then when I looked at Tyson he was completely awake and alert. Then I realized they were just unhooking the wires. Scared me to death!

He looked really good after his surgery. But I'm not going to lie, it was hard for me to see him like that. Especially when they were injecting him to numb up his shoulder. No one likes to see their loved ones in pain.

We were able to head home at close to 9:00 tonight. After picking up his meds and getting home, Tyson went right to sleep. At the hospital he had a special shot to numb his shoulder for the next 18 hours, so hopefully he will get a good night's rest. I'm so glad it is over! He has a tough recovery ahead that I know he can get through. And I'll be by his side the whole way.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad things went okay. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys, or if Tyson needs anything.

Baileys said...

I'm glad things went well!! I had a great time with you and Am! Can't wait to c u again.

Kristi said...

We're so happy to hear that things went well. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Reed Barduhn said...

I hope Tys isn't in too much pain over the next few days. Thanks for taking such good care of him, Alli.

Neal and Angie said...

Glad surgery went well hope heals fast! I know you'll take great care of him.

TacieB said...

The comment that has Reed's name on is supposed to be from me, Tacie. I was using Reed's computer at the office and it automatically put his name on. Ha ha...

Katie Lee said...

That doesn't sound like any fun! Cam went to the hospital when I was 8 months pregnant... I was wheeling him around in a wheelchair. The nurses though it was hilarious!!! No fun seein the one you love suffering. Glad things went okay. We wish him a speedy recovery!

Steph said...

I'm glad everything went well and I hope the recovery is going great.

I'm having a watch party a week from today and I hope you can come. Email me at stephie_long@hotmail.com

Post a Comment