Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The First Snow of the Winter '87

This morning I was going through a closet and found Tyson's photo album from when he was born and up through highschool. I loved looking at all the pictures of him as a baby! He sure was cute.

Tyson and his siblings have some hilarious pictures of them when they were kids. Some of their hair styles were amazing! (Tacie, you know which one I'm talking about!) :) I came across a page that was titled "The First Snow of the Winter '87" and this was one of the pictures on it:

This is a picture of Tyson with his brothers Clark (middle) and Dustin (right). Tyson was 7, Dustin was 5 and Clark was 2. Aren't they cute! The thing that made me laugh when I saw this picture was the caption that Tyson's mom had written underneath it. It said:

"I build the snowman, Clark and Dustin knock it down."

The caption made me laugh really hard when I read it. I can just imagine the three of these boys playing in the snow - Tyson building the snowman then Clark and Dustin knocking it down. Tyson has a great family and we all get along really well. I feel blessed to be part of such a wonderful family. I lucked out big time!

While I was looking at Tyson's photo album I couldn't help but think about how great things are in my life. I've been worrying and very discouraged about my job lately (which I made pretty apparent by my last post - thanks for all your support!) But just looking at the album made me forget about it for that short period of time.

There are so many things that are more important than money, and family is definitely one of them. The memories we have with our families and friends are priceless. I want to be able to cherish those memories and live my days happily instead of worrying so much about everything that goes wrong or has the potential to go wrong. It's time for me to be more positive and find the good in things. It will be a good day when I can look back on my life and say that I'm proud of how I lived it.
Thanks to all of you for being so supportive when I need to vent a little! Your comments sure made me feel better! :)

Here's to life and all the good things that go with it!

5 comments:

Britney O'Connor said...

Love you Alli! Life is all about family and great memories :). And I love making them with you! Cheer up!

Unknown said...

Dustin said, "He did not build that snowman, my dad did." Haha! Those boys I'm sure were hilarious together when they were little.

Kristi said...

How cute! I love going through the pictures in Milan and Julie's coat closet. THere sure are some winners!

Amber said...

oh my gosh that is so funny! What a cute picture of those guys. Tyson was such a cute kid! I laughed really hard when I read the caption ha ha. I'm glad you're feeling better. Family is definitely important. Besides the gospel, it is what I love the most and is what my life is focused around. Love you al!

TacieB said...

Oh, what funny memories! I remember when that picture was taken. And Alli, yes - I did have some pretty rockin' hair styles. Looking back, I can't believe that I thought I looked cute. GAG!

Post a Comment