Saturday, June 7, 2008

E is for Ev Dawg

I had such a great night! And I had to work, which makes it odd that my night was so great, but it was so awesome!

It began when I came into work. I wasn't too excited and I was also a little nervous about the section I was in. I'm not a big fan of big tables. But I was looking forward to my roommates and some friends coming in to sit in my section.

When I got there at 5:00 I was greeted by Ev Dawg, aka my friend Evan. He's been living and going to school in Pocatello and is now back in Idaho Falls for the summer. We met working at Carino's back in our hosting and table tending days and I just love him! The fact that he was working with me tonight was good enough. My attitude changed and I was excited to be there. There were lots of other friends working too so it was just fun.
My roommates came in and sat in my section tonight as well. There were about 13 of them. Lots of fun!

(Photo: Evan and I with Ashley, Marita, and Rachel at Ashley's wedding last summer)

We all had a good time working together. And I ended up having an awesome shift and making a little over $150. In fact, every server in the building made atleast $100. It was exciting for all of us. So we decided to celebrate by going to T.G.I. Friday's for drinks. Evan, Jamie, Kayla, Maricela, and I had a great time laughing and discussing our nights. It was so nice to just relax and hang out with some old friends. After such a long week or two of tests, homework, and nonsense in other areas of my life it was so refreshing to make good money and spend time with friends. We had a great time.

Everybody left as soon as their drinks were finished, but Evan and I stayed behind to visit more. I've just missed him so much, and we had such a good talk. We're going to dinner and a movie sometime this week to catch up. Evan is one of those friends you know is a real friend because it doesn't matter how long we go without seeing each other; we just pick up where we left off.

I had such a great night, and I really wanted to share it with my blogging friends.
I love Ev Dawg! And I get to see him tomorrow too, yay me! He definitely made my night the excellent night that it was.

5 comments:

Todd & Chelsea said...

I'm glad that nightmare below wasn't your friend...or you! that is scary!

Todd & Chelsea said...

I'm glad that nightmare below wasn't your friend...or you! that is scary!

Todd & Chelsea said...

I'm glad that nightmare below wasn't your friend...or you! that is scary!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh...it posted three times! It said there was a server error..oops! Sorry!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Tell Evan hi for me. It seems like he was everyone's favorite. :) Tell all my Carino's friends hi for me if you remember. I never get to go in there. I miss all of you guys.

Post a Comment