Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Time to Baby Proof Already?

I knew this day would come, but it seemed so far away. Now, here we are! Brycen hasn't started crawling yet (he's getting really close though), but he is able to move from different parts of the living room by getting on his knees then sitting back down a different way. But he hasn't been able to get too far. Until last week. I was in the kitchen and heard what I thought was the drawer of the entertainment center opening. Sure enough:


He is almost 10 months. But I guess I'm not ready for him to grow up and start being mobile. All these new milestones are exciting, but also a little sad to me. To give you an idea of how far he went in that short amount of time, he was originally sitting in between the "Despicable Me" minion and the stuffed turtle:


Then yesterday I looked over and saw the door of the entertainment center open with the culprit still attached to the handle:

It seems he will be taking off on his knees any day now!

8 comments:

Charles Family said...

Yay Brycen! Go go go! You can do it!

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

I couldn't agree with you more! It's so fun, but so sad at the same time when they hit these milestones! Good luck baby proofing! We're going through the same thing! I just have to tell you, they have these AMAZING locks at home depot. They're magnets, so you can't get the door open without the main magnet. The best part is they can't get their fingers in between the cupboard doors like the other plastic ones. Good luck!

Randi Oswald said...

You better watch out!! When he starts crawling he will be getting into everything! Paige has been crawling for a few months now and even before she would do the inch worm on her tummy and she got really good at it!! Our house doesn't stay clean for very long anymore! ha.

Scott and Lindsey said...

Yay Brycen!!!!
It is hard to believe he is almost a year old! I always get so sad when each stage ends but at the same time each new stage brings so much laughter and fun:-)

Unknown said...

You can do it baby Brycen! Baby proofing is a pain. We got down on the floor and looked around from Lillie's point of view, and that's how we knew what to babyproof. I remember being upset that I had to move all of our cute decorations and stuff, but I got over it. We also got lucky in Utah b/c we were able to put a swinging door baby gate at the enterance of our Kitchen. Baby proofing that entire hazardous room in one quick step!
Good luck with everything!

Kasey said...

Alli..he probably is crawling..just not when you are looking! We had a couple like that! :) SO CUTE!!!

Ash..thanks for sharing the locks..I"m going to have to get some of those!!

Katie Lee said...

He is getting so big so quick. And he is absolutely adorable. My idea of baby proofing my house? I simply put everything I didn't want Tebbin to get into in high drawers, and kept the low drawers/cabinets full of stuff that i didn't mind if he played with it. It seemed to work okay, and I didn't have to spend a ton of money on baby proofing stuff (besides outlet covers, no way around that one! :D)

Judy said...

He' growing so fast and so stinkin cute!

Post a Comment