Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sad House

I loved our house growing up.
It was a brown house with wood siding that my dad and grandpa built. The yard was beautiful and green, so perfect that some called it a golf course lawn. The trees were so pretty, and the flowers were always so bright and happy. I have many fond memories at that house that I will never forget. My family met our best friends while living in this house and had some very happy times. Now this is what it looks like:
If you're wondering what that crap is all over the front, it's river rock. The entire front is river rock. My mom, Britney, and I drove by today after my dad had seen it and said it looked pretty sad. And sad it really is. And the trees and plants are all gone. The lawn is pretty patchy. Sorry if this house now belongs to any of you, by the way. It just doesn't look my house anymore, which is sad to me. Not even close to looking like my house. It looks pretty gross. And scary.
I'm glad my mom took pictures of our beloved home when we were growing up. Otherwise we'd be struggling to remember what it looked like when it looked good!

1 comments:

christine said...

Totally know how you feel! I took my girls down Michelle street last year to show them where I grew up. Our house is completely different-a once beautiful and very fun street is now pretty scary!

Post a Comment