Monday, October 18, 2010

26

Amber and I are 26 today.
It seems we have officially entered adulthood. One year older and wiser too! On Sunday we went to our parent's house for a family party. Everyone but Adam was there. He was in Utah.
Tyson and Brycen gave me a new lens for my camera for my birthday. I love it! We used it at the birthday party. It lets in a lot more light and allows for better indoor pictures. It's just a really good lens and I already love using it!
...
For dessert we had Reed's Dairy waffle bowls with homemade brownies (made by me - you can find the recipe here), and Reed's Dairy ice cream (huckleberry and pralines 'n cream. Yum!)
PS I had made a different batch of brownies and they were SO gross. I have no idea what happened. So I had to make a new batch and they turned out much better!

Blowing out the candles

Amber & Che'

Family picture
Brycen was struggling to sit still.


Amy, Aaron & Britney


Brycen


Opening presents
We got Amber a curling iron she has wanted for awhile.


And also mini loaf pans! Something every baker needs.
She and Che' got me a couple of hair clips from June and "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" on DVD. Perfect!


Mom and Dad gave us cupcake carriers. Also perfect!
Other gifts included Kohl's giftcards from Amy, Aaron, and Britney.

Very nice!


Mom & Dad


Amy was feeding Brycen and texting at the same time. I had to get a picture of how she was holding his bottle! It was funny.


We had fun at our birthday party!
Still can't believe we're 26.
Thank you for all the wonderful gifts! Both mine and Tyson's family spoiled me this year. You're all so generous! And thanks to all of you for all your birthday wishes. We have felt very special today!

5 comments:

Joanie said...

Happy Birthday! I want to know which lens you got? Was it a portrait lens? 35 mm or 50 mm or something? I love mine and use it most of the time. Anyway, you are too cute. Happy 26th!

Unknown said...

HAppy Birthday twins! You both looks very cute, but still "mature," which you have to be now that you're 26!!
P.S. I LOVE Amber's sweater
P.P.S. That pic of Amy holding Brycen (7th from the bottom) is adorable. His hair looks lighter and he's changing so much! Man, 2 1/2 months makes a big difference... );

Charles Family said...

Oh Al friend (haha kinda sounds like Alfred. Maybe I will start calling you that.) so I totally hate that your blog is now private because I forget that I have to check it separately now! That's ok. I remembered and I'm all caught up! Congrats on the piano. I bet you are loving it! I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! Love you and me, you and Amber need to go to lunch!

Whittney and Ryan said...

a news lens, how exciting! i am happy you had a great birthday! oh and thanks for the link ;) i am sure they look adorable on you!

Neal and Angie said...

Sounds like a spectacular birthday celebration! Love the new family pics too!

Post a Comment