Saturday, October 16, 2010

Our New Addition

We bought a piano!
I am just so excited I can't even stand it.
...
A few weeks ago I received an e-mail from BYU-Idaho about a piano sale in Rexburg. The old pianos at the school were going to be sold for great prices, and it would be for one day only. But if we called and made an appointment we could come in a couple days before and have someone personally take us around and talk to us about the pianos. We could also buy a piano at this preview. So I thought we should give it a shot. I made an appointment immediately.
...
On Thursday the 14th we went to Rexburg and were the first appointment on the first day of the preview. We walked around and saw all the pianos. They looked way too nice and new to be the old ones from BYU-Idaho. It turned out the ones from BYU-Idaho were in a separate room and were all the black low-rise pianos. Boo. Not what we were looking for.
However,
the rest of the pianos were from Piano Gallery in Idaho Falls. The company had purchased all the pianos from another company that had recently gone out of business and were reselling them for ridiculously good prices. We didn't have to walk around for long when we saw the one meant for us.
It is a brand new Pramberger and we are just loving it. Tyson was pretty set on a Kawaii when we came in, but the person helping us gave us a lot of good information about Prambergers that made our decision easy when we saw our piano. It was a great feeling when she placed the neon green "Sold" card on the front of it. We were the proud owners of our first piano.

I feel really lucky to have this piano in our home. From the time I was really young and just starting to play the piano I was dreaming of what it would be like to have one of my very own. (Of course at that time it was a gigantic grand piano that was jet black and in the middle of my library.) I always knew we'd get a piano, but I never imagined it would be so soon. It is such a blessing to have found not only the perfect piano but also the perfect price. I now understand how my good friend Sha felt when she got her first piano. I read her blog post and could feel her excitement through the words on the screen as she described this perfect instrument that now belonged to her. I feel the same way. I'm so happy I could cry! I love this piano. We couldn't have found a more perfect one for us!
I think it's time for me to start teaching lessons!

1 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

It is just beautiful! Brycen will just love it too which is so much fun! Enjoy!;)

Post a Comment