Thursday, April 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home - Our 300th Post

Brycen came home yesterday!
It was one of the happiest days of my entire life, right there with my wedding day and Brycen's birth. I can't even describe how happy Tyson and I are to finally have him in our home. And I get to talk about it on our
300th blog post.
I can't believe I've posted 300 posts on our blog.
300 posts of happiness! And it just keeps getting better.
...
Before Brycen could leave the hospital he had to do a few things.
First, he had to have a hearing screen test:

He even got to wear some super cool head phones.
And he passed!
He got a certificate and a sticker for passing. Good day for Brycen!
He was pretty worn out by the end of it.

Next thing on the list, have a bath!

Daddy came over from work and bathed him.

Getting his hair washed

And styled

He sure does love bath time in the NICU!
Talk about a relaxed baby.
And the most exciting thing Brycen had to do:
Get his feeding tube out!
The nurse took off the tape and Brycen pulled the tube out himself. He pulled it out twice when he was in the NICU. But this time it was for good!

He sure was a tired boy after such a busy day.

Dad changed him into one of his own jammies to go home.

Remember this ultrasound photo with Brycen's leg straight up in the air?

He still puts his little leg up all the time!
I think he's showing off the cute giraffe on his foot.
These jammies are from Grandma O'Connor!
And finally, it's time to go home!
Such a tiny guy in that big car seat.

In the car ready to go home.
(Hard to see him but I promise he's there!)
And the first thing Brycen did when he got home:
Ate lunch!

We couldn't be happier to have him home!

And I think he's pretty happy about it too!

So long, NICU! Thanks for taking care of our little boy!

12 comments:

Steph said...

That's very great news! So happy for you guys! So I guess he's eating pretty well now, right?

AubreyandTerry said...

Yay! Glad you could bring your little boy home. He is such a sweet little thing. Congrats again!

Britney O'Connor said...

Ahh. So wonderful. This makes me crave seeing him even more! We'll be coming over this weekend :)

bb,tonya and cam... said...

yay! oh congrats!!!!

Judy said...

Oh I laughed at the ultra sound pic/leg up pic. So dang cute. He is absolutly beartiful. Congrats on having him home!

Abe n Linz said...

I am so glad you can have him home now! Congrats again.

Scott and Lindsey said...

We are so happy for you guys ...and a little jeleous:-) We are glad everything is going good! Love the pictures!! Brycen is sooooo cute:-)

Kristie said...

I'm so happy for you guys!!! He is so cute. I love the leg in the air pictures SO cute!!!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

What a great day!! So happy for you guys. Love ya!

love, Syd said...

yay!! i'm so happy he's home! so... when can i come play?! lol.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neal and Angie said...

So exciting! Glad he's home and doing well. Love his room! You have such great decorating taste.

Post a Comment