Sunday, April 18, 2010

Brycen's Room


This is our little guy's room! We've loved putting it together.
  • We bought Brycen's crib from Target on a really good sale. I love saving money!
  • We decided we didn't want to do a 100% classic baby room, but we also didn't want to do something 100% modern. We wanted a mix. So we went with the baby blue and browns then added the mod in the paint and bead board.
  • The bedding was purchased on ebay through a bedding company for $70, shipping included. Thanks again for the tip, Erika! It is a 9-piece set that included the sheet, skirt, comforter, bumper, the toy holder tied to the crib, 2 window valances, a pillow, and a diaper holder for a changing table.
  • My mom painted the walls for us and did an awesome job. She's quite the painting pro! Aaron and a couple of the guys that work for my dad made the bead board. They also added a glaze to it to add the dark affect.
  • The wall art was a JCPenney online clearance purchase. Can't beat clearance purchases!

This is a close-up of the bedding. The comforter is reversable. We took this in when we bought our paint and had the brown dots match the paint color.


My wonderful sisters-in-law and mother-in-law got me this glider for a baby shower gift. I was so excited! I've wanted one for so long. Tyson's grandma made the quilt.

We bought this changing table at Walmart for a good deal. I really wanted one that had three drawers and a door that I could put all the wipes and diapers in. When I saw this one I just had to have it! We love it, but it was such a pain to put together ha ha. That shelf was from my mom and we just spray painted it white. The picture on the wall says "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me."
I had this shelf and the lamp in my own room growing up. It will be fun to share it with my baby! That little sign says "I hope they call me on a mission" and has a little boy standing there. So cute! And that's my awesome diaper bag sitting on the floor. Gotta love Timi & Leslie bags! I just love this diaper bag. I don't even have to carry a purse thanks to this bag.
{Thanks again for the tip, Tonya!}

Brycen's room was so fun to put together. We've just loved it! And it's nice to have a baby to go with his room!

8 comments:

Kasey said...

Oh I LOVE it!! Seriously SUPER cute!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

What a cute room!! But I was disappointed that there wasn't a picture of BRycen in the crib.;)

Judy said...

so so cute I love it!

the Petterson Family said...

I love the decor! I am a little jealous that you have a room all put together. We have a 5 1/2 month old and her room is still half done!

Katie Lee said...

way super adorable. I love it. Putting together my little ones room was so much fun (I totally painted his room when I was only 6 weeks pregnant)

Lisa Robinson said...

So cute Ali! I love to read your blog, I feel like we are still good friends! I join a free website and thought of you. Its www.ldsjournal.com you can use it as a journal and post pics and liks and when you are ready you can print it off into a book!! Its super cute!

Katie said...

He is so cute! Congratulations. I'm glad that everything is ok. Cute room too by the way. :)

Morrows said...

I love his room! So adorable! I hope you are enjoying having your Brycen home!

Post a Comment