Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our Praying Mantis Family

A couple of weeks ago I went outside to move one of the flower pots into the garage. When I picked it up there was a praying mantis on top of the longest plant. It freaked me out so I put it back down and made my mom move the little guy into the yard. Later that day Tyson's parents came over and there was another praying mantis on our light right outside the front door. And last night after going on a walk we came inside to find a praying mantis on the wall next to the front door. He must have been on the door when we left outside and snuck in. So I guess we have a family of praying mantis living somewhere in our yard. They're a little creepy, but they keep the bug population down!

5 comments:

Chelsi said...

Those guys freak me out. I know that they are good, but not very "good looking" :) Nice work on the bread... LOVE fresh baked bread.

Unknown said...

AhhhH! Sick!

Katie Lee said...

FAbulouso... I think they are freaky, but AWESOME!!! Especially the albino ones, i think they are from another planet. haha, but they have some pretty good ideas about how to take care of their men. hahaha!

Amber said...

I think he is wonderfee. What is his name mester?

Hailey said...

I think they're creepy too! We had some on the playground the first few days of school, but the kids took care of them pretty quickly. One morning I saw something moving on the floor in the hallway. When I looked closer, I realized it was the top half of a praying mantis. It still makes me cringe just to think about it.

Post a Comment