Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Remembering Patrick Swayze

-----
"Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours, you don't go into mine."
-----
This is how I'll always remember the late Patrick Swayze. My favorite movie of all time is "Dirty Dancing" where he played the part of dance instructor Johnny Castle. It has been my favorite since I was four years old. I could watch this movie every day. Amber, Ashlee and I used to sing and dance to the music of "Dirty Dancing" quite often. We even have video footage of us singing "I've Had the Time of My Life," thanks to our good friend Bill. We were also able to attend the 20th anniversary showing of the movie, and it was so much fun! Seeing it on the big screen was an amazing experience.

Patrick Swayze entertained us for years and showed his wonderful example by battling pancreas cancer. He was a wonderful person and a great actor.

____________________
"I'm gonna do my kind of dancin' with a great partner, who's not only a terrific dancer; somebody who's taught me that there are people willing to stand up for other people no matter what it costs them; somebody who's taught me about the kind of person I wanna be."
- Patrick Swayze as Johnny Castle in "Dirty Dancing"
____________________

You will surely be missed, Patrick! Thanks for helping make my childhood so memorable!
images via imdb.com

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sad huh! He will be missed. He was one of my favorite actors!

Lott's of Love said...

Dirty Dancing is also my all time favorite movie! Sad day!

Post a Comment