Sunday, August 29, 2010

The One with the Owl Cupcakes

Amber and I made these cute little guys for the Murri family reunion a few weeks ago. They were so much fun! We learned a lot from making them. I think I learn something new about cake/cupcake decorating with every cupcake we make.

Here are the details:
eyes - half of an Oreo cookie (cream side)
with a junior mint for the pupil
ears - other half of the Oreo cookie but shaped into ears
nose - banana runt candy
After all was said and done, we learned how to pipe on the fur with the frosting in a plastic bag. It was a lot of fun!


Amber and Mom separating the Oreos


The owls before they had their fur put on or their noses.


The final look! We had so much fun making these.

7 comments:

Judy said...

Soooo cute!

Kasey said...

Too cute! I can make and decorate cakes but I've never tried doing much on cupcakes! Talented you both are!!

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

Very cute owls! Good Job! Hope you had fun at your reunion.

beckywestergard said...

Those are so cute!! You are so creative I just love to see what kind of cute designs you will come up with next.

Amber said...

THat was so fun!! Can't wait to try out our next cupcake!

Katie Lee said...

those are the most adorable cupcakes I have ever seen!!! My sister is going to FREAK OUT when she sees them (she is a little obsessed with owls!) So cute... and you guys are so talented!!! Hope all is well with you!!!

Adam and Brittany said...

So so cute! Do you have the book, Hello Cupcake? My mother-in-law has that book, I love to look at all the amazing cupcakes, love it! You are awesome!

Post a Comment