Monday, April 23, 2012

Brycen's Latest Doings and a Pregnancy Update

First off, this our 500th post on this blog! Talk about a milestone!

I'm already 26 weeks pregnant and I just can't believe it! I'm amazed at how quickly this pregnancy has gone by. I thought for sure it would go by super slowly. But apparently I'm wrong! We're on the down slope and I'm feeling great. The acid reflux I've been able to get under control (without having to give up chocolate, thank goodness) and I haven't had any crazy cravings lately. Yay!


This picture was taken at 25 weeks and I'm posting it for those who I haven't seen in a long time and have requested it. This picture makes me want to say "Yeesh!"

At night the baby seems to always be on my right side. Whenever I roll over to sleep on my right he starts kicking like crazy. As soon as I roll back he stops. I'm considering trading sides of the bed with Tyson because I like to face out when I sleep. All of the kicks sure are fun though! They make me laugh out loud.

I bought the new little baby an outfit the other day, marking the very first thing we've bought for this baby. We have all sorts of boy stuff for him, but I still want him to be able to have some stuff of his own that isn't just a hand-me-down from Brycen. This outfit will be one of them. It's a 0-3 month sweats and onesie that makes my heart melt a little.

I just started wearing maternity pants at 25 weeks and I don't know what I was thinking. I was doing fine without them, but I forgot how comfortable that massive panel is in maternity pants! I love it.


Brycen

Brycen started saying "gone," "socks," "teeth," and "pop" over the last week. I'm amazed at all of the new words he keeps saying! When he's done with his drink of water or milk, or when he's finished eating a snack, he says "gone" or "all gone". I was folding laundry when he said "socks" for the first time. And when he wants to brush his teeth he runs up to us and says "teeth", or takes us into the bathroom to get his toothbrush while saying "teeth". He learned pop when I was drinking a diet vanilla pepsi on tap and he asked for a drink of my water. I corrected him and told him it was called "pop" and he's been saying it ever since. Now he just needs to learn how to say "chocolate" and he'll know two of the most important words in the English language.

A week ago Brycen called me "Alli" all day. He said it more like "Ayi", but he sure wasn't calling me "Mom"! When he first said it I thought I was hearing things. Then I was in my room putting some clothes away and I could hear him coming down the hall saying "Ayi! Ayi!" Then he asked for some water. Silly kid!

Brycen LOVES the movie "Wall-E" lately. (He calls it "Waaa".) I decided to record it one day off Disney Junior and he has loved it ever since.  It's our go-to movie when he wakes up from a nightmare and needs to snap out of it, or before bed when it's time to wind down. He'll lie back on our bed and watch the entire thing if we let him. I've never actually sat down and watched the movie. But it's funny to me that he likes that one so much because it's not very colorful like a lot of the other movies he likes. On Saturday my mom and sister were in town and Brycen went to go wind down on my bed. Mom and I brought him into the bedroom and put him on the bed. I started "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and he freaked out. So I put "A Bug's Life" on and he was really excited when he saw the Pixar part at the beginning. But as soon as he saw what movie it was he threw a fit. (Both of these were saved on our DVR so it was easy to change/start them.) I decided to try "Wall-E" and see what he would do. Sure enough, as soon as he heard the opening song to the movie-the song "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" from "Hello, Dolly!"-and saw the planet earth come onto the screen he started clapping. Mom and I just laughed.

And finally, some of the most exciting news for Brycen is that he is OFFICIALLY off of the bottle. WOO HOO!! It wasn't even hard! He was able to quit cold turkey. We didn't even have to do anything to ease him into it. We could have taken him off of it a long time ago but we just didn't. Life was just easy and he went to bed really well with it. So we just kept giving it to him. The first time we put him to bed without it he asked for it by saying, "Bottle? Bottle?" We ignored the questioning and just kept saying, "We love you! Love you, Buddy!" He cried for about five minutes then fell asleep. And he's been going to bed just fine without one since. Yay! It's been great! I don't think we give this kiddo enough credit. He's capable of more than we think! He's been able to drink milk during the day just fine. We're so happy!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Love your belly pic! You look so cute. I'm glad everything is going smoothly. Still can't believe you are 26 weeks! Soon our little guys are going to be buddies! I'm sure they were buddies even before that though ;) Love all the new things Brycen is saying. Love that kid! Yay for babies!

karrie jo Winder said...

I'm reading, bloom, by kelle Hampton. I have a link to her blog on mine. It's called enjoying the small things. You should read her blog, it's good! Also reading , mile markers, it's a book about running. Kristen Armstrong wrote it. It's about being a mom and running!

Laura Railing said...

Hi Alli! Thank you so much for following my blog! What fun to follow yours back!! I'm 21 weeks pregnant today! It is so fun to follow another pregnancy too! Yay for getting acid reflux under control! That can really affect how you feel! I'd been popping Tums like no tomorrow and finally started taking OTC heartburn medicine and it helps so much!! Ahh sweet relief Brycen sounds so cute!! That is adorable about the song! So sweet :) Happy Monday!

-Laura

Post a Comment