Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This and That on Pregnancy and Brycen

My little boy is going to be two tomorrow. I can't believe it's already been two years since we were blessed with this sweet little boy. Time sure does fly! We had a great time in Idaho and we're ready to get back into the swing of things. A few things on Brycen these days...
  • Brycen loves giving hugs. While I'm holding him he'll wrap his arms around my neck and just want to snuggle for a few minutes. It's the best! 
  • Sometimes Brycen gets confused and calls me "daddy". He also calls my mom "mom" so I don't really know what to say ha ha. He's getting there though!
  • He calls every drink "water". Milk, juice, actual water...whenever he wants a drink of something he just says "water". 
  • He's watched "A Bug's Life" a bazillion times now, I'm sure of it. And he learned to say something from it. And of course it had to be this part: There's a scene where the "warriors" are being treated to a play by the second grade ant class. Some of the ants are "warriors" and others are the grasshoppers that the "warriors" are supposed to fight off. At the end of the scene one of the ants says, "And die...die...die" then falls down dead. Eventually Brycen started saying, "Die! Die! Die!" Awesome! Just what every mom wants her child to be saying, especially in public. Hopefully he'll forget that one soon ha ha.
  • Brycen LOVES the Lego Duplos Tyson and I gave him at one of his two birthday parties. It's so fun watching him be a kid and just sit there and play with them. He builds all kinds of towers, houses, cars...it's just so fun. He's growing up way too fast. 
  • Today I put away a bunch of his 24 month clothes. It seems like yesterday that we were just pulling out bigger baby clothes for him. And now here he is in toddler sizes. It makes me sad!
  • I've come to realize lately that Brycen understands us more than we think. Yesterday he was getting ready for bed and the Stacy Pasley blanket wasn't in his room. I asked, "Where's your blanket?" With a questioning look on his face, he put his hands up in the air and started looking around. Then he went into our room, saw it on the bed, then excitedly pointed to it. And just now I was getting Brycen a snack of Teddy Grahams and I couldn't find the little bowl he had used for his previous snack. I said, "Where's your bowl?" and walked around looking for it. I couldn't find it so I went into the kitchen to grab another one. Pretty soon Brycen came up behind me with a big grin on his face and handed his toy cookie jar to me. Inside was his bowl. It really surprised me! He still uses his jibberish talk a lot but I think he's really starting to understand us a lot more. It's so fun!

I'll be 24 weeks pregnant on Friday. This pregnancy has just flown, it's amazing! Here are a few tidbits I wanted to jot down before I forget:
  • I've had horrible acid reflux lately. I didn't have it at all with Brycen so it's been tough to get used to with this little guy. And it's so bad! Sadly I've come to find that it's my beloved chocolate that is causing all of the trouble. At this point I'm trying to decide which is worse: the acid reflux or going without chocolate. I'm going to think about it while I eat a Reese's egg.
  • This morning I started being able to see the kicks of the baby when looking at my stomach. This baby seems so much more active than Brycen was. I don't remember Brycen moving around so much, kicking so hard, or kicking visibly this soon. I guess that's why they say every pregnancy is different!
  • I haven't had any food cravings lately, but while I was in Idaho I went through a few day time period where all I wanted to do was eat. I felt so hungry all of the time and I found myself eating everybody's leftovers ha ha. There was one occasion where Mom, Amber, Brycen, and I were eating Arctic Circle and my mom had a couple of bites left of her hamburger. She went to throw it away and I said, "Wait! I want to finish that!" Her response was, "Seriously?" I can't think of another time where I was more serious. Thankfully I haven't felt that way in almost a week and it feels good. Yesterday I didn't even eat lunch! That's saying a lot, considering I ate enough for everyone last week!
  • And Tyson is wonderful through everything. Every now and then I have those dreaded mood swings and he's so patient and sweet. I married the best man in the world! Brycen and I just love him so much.

1 comments:

Russ and Kristen said...

Your prego comment about acid reflux and the Reese's Egg cracked.me.up! They have medicine for that, right?! So I say don't give up the chocolate! :) I have a friend who couldn't eat it while she was nursing because it gave her baby gas..so she went a whole year without it. And then I bought her some Reeds Dairy Chocolate Milk to celebrate with! Ha! Good luck!!! :)

Post a Comment