Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Waiting Game

Here we are. It's almost 2:00 in the afternoon, the day before my little brother enters the Missionary Training Center in Provo. My mom has had a Diet Pepsi attached to her hand all day and we've all been on the verge of tears. Adam has been busy today, out to breakfast with a friend and then lunch with another. Last night my dad gave him a blessing and it was wonderful. The tears were flowing by the time it was over. Adam has held his emotions together this whole time, but I think tomorrow may be a different story. But he's so ready to leave. He feels like there's something more he needs to be doing in his life right now and a mission is one of those things. He's excited to go out and make a difference and see a few koalas and kangaroos in the process. He's such a friendly guy and we've always been so impressed with how many different kinds of friends he has. It was fun to see such a variety of people at his farewell and luncheon on Sunday.

My dad decided to take Adam in for a last-minute eye check up today. He hadn't gone in for a check up earlier because he didn't feel he needed to. My dad decided otherwise so off they went to see the doctor. Dad just called and Adam needs glasses to help the astigmatism in his left eye. Did I mention Adam leaves tomorrow? Funny day. It won't be difficult to get the glasses to him in the MTC.

Mom and I are going to go to the hospital to see Amber, Che', and little Tayen then off to the grocery store to get ingredients for Adam's last requested meal: Copycat Pachanga's or Garcia's Pollo Fundido. The rest of the day will be spent visiting with Adam and enjoying that time together. He'll be set apart at 9:00 then off to bed for an early departure to the MTC. I'll be staying home with Brycen while my parents and Amy take him down there. It's going to be an emotional day!

1 comments:

Neal and Angie said...

So glad Tayen is here and I can't wait to meet him for myself!I'm glad you were able to come spend some time with Adam before he left. I can't imagine saying goodbye to a sibling for 2 years. Luckily I have all sisters :) haha. I know the Lord will bless your family while he's serving though!

Post a Comment