Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We Have Been Married for 3 Years

"We have been married for 3 years," says the ticker on the side of our blog. Three years, wow, how time flies!

I recently went to my cousin Chloe's wedding and the sealer was talking to them about the love you have for your spouse. He said something along the lines of, "You think you love her/him now? Give it another 10 years and you'll be amazed at how much more you love them. 20 years. 50 years. The love for your spouse will grow and grow." I looked around the room after he said that and could see a couple of things: couples looking at each other and smiling, and hands in the process of clasping together. It was wonderful. If Tyson had been able to make it to the sealing I know he would have grabbed my hand too.

I loved the message from the sealer. And it's so true. It's hard to believe that a person could love someone more than they already do on their wedding day. But it happens. And it's wonderful.

In the last year of marriage we have:
  • been blessed with the excitement of another baby on the way.
  • lived in two homes in two states.
  • experienced two different jobs with Tyson.
  • traveled to New York City for many fun adventures and a lot of fabulous food.
  • celebrated Brycen's first birthday!
  • celebrated a lot more of Brycen "firsts", including walking and first words.
  • had to give up a lot of things we love by moving to Utah, including family, friends, piano teaching, and our comfort zone.
  • gotten a new church calling. At least I have. I'm the primary pianist in our new ward.
  • been through many trials and hardships with more to come, only to make us stronger and closer as a family.
I love my little family so much and they are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Without Tyson I would be empty. I love you, Tyson! Happy anniversary!

3 comments:

Neal and Angie said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Marriage is an amazing blessing!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Happy 3 years! And many more to come, hope you had a great day together!

Judy said...

Just plain crazy!!!! Where does the time go? You have the cutest little family!!!

Post a Comment