Tuesday, January 17, 2012

12-Week Baby Appointment

Thank you first off for all of your comforting words after my rant yesterday. It feels good to have my feelings justified and that there are so many of you that understand how I feel.

This morning I had my 12-week baby appointment. I'm having a hard time enjoying going to these appointments because I'm not going to a women's center like I did with Brycen. I'm going to a clinic, which feels very impersonal and cold. Not to mention all of the sick people that are in there in the same waiting room as me. The OB/GYN part of the clinic is right next to a family medicine office as well as a pediatrics office. It's been nothing like my wonderful experience at Dr. Leavitt's office in Idaho Falls. I miss that very much. However, once I'm in the sanitized rooms and we're having an ultrasound or something similar, I'm happy as a clam. This will work for now.

By the time I made it back to one of the rooms today all looked really well. I am even on the right track for weight gain. Happy day! That has worried me with how fast I've started showing with this pregnancy. Dr. Dixon (the nurse practitioner) answered a few of my questions then she got out the Doppler to listen to the heartbeat. She had a hard time finding it, which scared the crap out of me. I was getting really nervous when she was looking around the room in concentration trying to find it. Minutes went by before we heard one of the most wonderful sounds in the world. It only last seconds before we lost it again. A second time she found the heartbeat and again it only last seconds. Good enough for me! I was just so glad that we heard it. She assured me that by next month when I have an ultrasound I will be able to hear it much better. Yay! I already can't wait for that appointment.

So far so good with our little one!

4 comments:

Britney O'Connor said...

SO cute! I love the little baby bump! :) Can't wait to find out if I'm getting another niece or nephew!

Amber said...

So cute!! Love the pic. I really need to take another pic, whoops! I think I've only done the 20 weeker ha ha

Adam and Brittany said...

I have been a big time slacker at blogging, I didn't even know you were pregnant, congrats!!!

Michelle said...

Cute! So we totally have the same due date! How funny is that!? Small world!

Post a Comment