Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Injuries

When it rains it pours, right? And when Brycen falls it's a real doozy. These are his latest injuries. Poor kid! It's amazing how easily a baby can bruise and/or bleed.

This first injury happened a couple weeks ago. He was trying to get up on his hands and feet. Yep, hands and FEET not hands and knees. Naturally he face planted. Right into a toy. I saw a scratch and very soon after came a fatty bruise. I took the picture before the bruise got too purple:
He stayed pretty positive after the incident. He's such a happy little guy:


The second of his crazy injuries happened last week. He was sitting on my bed while I was getting ready for the day. He kept falling over so I reached behind him to fluff up the blanket. On my way back my dagger of a pinky nail sliced his little cheek right open. And it bled and bled and bled. Can you see the blood stains on his shoulder? I put peroxide on his injury and gave him a bunch of kisses. I'm such a bad mom! I felt horrible:


But he forgave me and put a smile right back on his face. What a sweetheart:

Is it me or does he look a lot older in this picture? Scary.

4 comments:

christine said...

I was thinking how much he looks like your dad! I felt like a horrible mother this week, too. My little guy face planted on a treadmill (moving) and cut open both his lips on the inside and burned his nose and forehead. Nothing worse than seeing your baby hurt!

AubreyandTerry said...

He is getting so big! His eyes look so green in the main picture of your blog. Soooo pretty.

Amber said...

You're a great mom Al! Injuries heal and he is still as happy as ever. And he does look older in that pic! Stop growing buddy!

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

You're in no way a bad mom. It happens, and when it does, it's so sad. I can't believe how much Brysen is starting to look like your dad, especially in the picture of his side! Such a cutie pie!

Post a Comment