Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Spoke WAY Too Soon

Yesterday I did a post titled "Injuries" about my little guy getting hurt. I may have jinxed him. He had a HORRIBLE day after that, resulting in this:

Brycen's day included:
  • Falling off the chair in our living room while I was taking his 11-month pictures. He fell right on his head.
  • I was in the kitchen making dinner and he fell over (nothing new, happens all the time). Only this time he screamed just like he did when he fell and hurt himself like the times before. I think he landed on a toy again, but this was when he got the slice between his eyes.
  • Tyson came home and we were playing with Brycen on the floor. I was explaining his accidents that day when Brycen flew toward my face and his head bonked right into mine. He now has a bruise above his right eye.
  • And this morning I gave him some puffs and left the room to go grab his diaper bag. When I came back he was choking. I patted his back and some came out, but he was still choking. I reached down his throat and got the puffs out. Pretty soon he had blood coming out of his mouth. I'm pretty sure I scratched the inside of his mouth. He has choked a couple of times like that and it scares the crap out of me.
Please tell me this is all part of growing up and I'm not just a bad mama!

7 comments:

Joanie said...

LOL! Okay, maybe it's not funny. But Brycen is still smiling so that makes it okay to laugh, right? Kids are so resilient. Plus he's a boy so this is just the beginning of all his injuries! Or at least that's what I've been told. PS- Don't tell anyone but I will occasionally leave little red marks on the babies I take care of at work because I scratched them a little with my nail. No blood yet, though, thank goodness. They'd probably fire me if I was marking up all the babies! But I've inflicted plenty of injuries on my own kids. Not on purpose, of course.

Unknown said...

Haha! You're NOT a bad mom! Kids just fall alot. You should see Lillie, she has a HUGE owie between her mouth and her nose. It kindof looks like she took a razor and tried shaving or something- but no, she just fell out of her bed at night and hit the nightstand next to her bed. Woups! Jack has a few bad scratches also. Brycen'll be fine! I think it's more tramatic for the mother than the child, anyway.

K&B Forever said...

Oh man!! haha poor Brycen!! You are not a bad mom silly girl!! One of my fears is Ethan choking. I am so scared of him choking and not being able to get it out! So good job at getting all of it out!! :-) I have a feeling that I would not want to give him any more puffs if he every choked, but that would not be a good idea either! haha

Morrows said...

You are not a bad mom. This age is so hard. Maecie is always falling and bumping her head. It's just a part of them learning I suppose. Sorry he's had such a rough time. Maecie has a lot of scratches and bruises. I am right there with you!

beckywestergard said...

You are definately not a bad momma!! kids are so funny it seems like Remy does the same thing whenever he is going through a growth spurt. It is like he grows a little and gets uncoordinated and falls all of the time. Luckily that baby skin heals well.
Choking is one of my biggest fears. I still cut REmy's food into tiny pieces and he is two. In fact I pat him on the back so much whenever he even looks like he is choking and ask him if he is ok he has started doing it to me. Randomly he will come up and pat me on the back and say "you ok?" Hang in there!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Poor kid, and yes it is part of growing up. Sometimes it seems embarrassing because you think people might think you are abusive or neglegent, when it is the exact opposite. But the drs always say that if they see a kid without the simple bumps, bruises, and scrapes they get nervous. Just means they are healthy and active. Such a cute little guy.

Judy said...

Oh my gosh......I still worry about my kids choking! :} You never quit worrying abou them!

Post a Comment