Monday, September 13, 2010

Realizing

I've recently come to realize a couple of things.
  1. This little guy is one of my best friends in the whole world. He is my little buddy and we do everything together.

2. This little buddy of mine is getting older. And that makes me sad. I love seeing the different stages he goes through, but it's hard to leave other stages behind.
Tonight Brycen had a hard time falling asleep. I could tell by the cry that was coming from him that he was inbetween being asleep and awake. So I went in his room to snuggle my little guy and see if I could get him to fall asleep. I picked him up out of his crib and sat down with him in the rocker. I put him up against my shoulder like I've done in the past. Only this time it was different. His feet were on my lap. He might as well have been standing on me. He struggled to get comfortable while still half asleep as I sat there wondering when he decided to stop curling his legs up and sleeping on Mom's shoulder. So I held him in my arms instead.
I soon forgot about my sadness with the no snuggling when he immediately fell asleep in my arms. I sat there and rocked in my chair as my baby entered dream land. It is moments like these when I am so grateful to be a mother. These are precious moments that will soon leave. One day he won't want to fall asleep in my arms anymore or even let me hold him like that. So for now I'm going to enjoy it while I can.
I love this mom thing. It's pretty much the best.

11 comments:

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

You're such a good little mommy!

Ashley said...

It really is hard to watch them grow. So rewarding, but so sad. I guess that's why I'm no prego with my 3rd. You get baby hungry again:)
Your a great mom though Alli. I love reading about your love for this special guy.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

It does go way too fast, doesn't it? He is such a cute little guy!

Idaho Reids said...

ya i know that feeling mady won't cuddle anymore... the first few months are hard with the lack of sleep but moments like that happen and i wouldn't trade it for the world.... good thing your allowed more than one child huh? hehe :)

Idaho Reids said...

oh and i love how you added him into your picture hehe so cute :)

karrie jo Winder said...

And your pretty much one of the best Moms I know! Hold on tight they just keep on growing.

The King's said...

He really is a cutie!!! They grow so fast. My baby is now 3!?!?! Can't believe it! Enjoy it, you are such a good mommy!

Britney O'Connor said...

Time for another! Hahaha.

And that picture at the top is HILARIOUS.

Michelle said...

Ah this post is so sweet! You just make me excited for those little moments that make motherhood worth the work!

VicandNanc said...

Oh, you are too sweet. You make me realize that I really do need to love it up when Tommy makes me cuddle him to sleep. I get so tired that I forget to love it some times. Thanks, I'll be sure to treasure the moment tonight :)

beckywestergard said...

It is definately wonderful and hard to watch them grow because they just fly through those stages. Keep savoring those moments!!

Post a Comment