Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You'll Never Guess...

Last night we put Brycen down at about 10:30. We were in bed by 11:00. At 5 am I woke up in a panic. I turned to Tyson and asked him if he'd gotten up to feed the baby at all.
He said no.
When he asked me and I said no, we both jumped out of bed in a panic. We went in his room and he wasn't moving at all. He was right where we had left him when we put him to bed.
I poked at him and he still didn't move. Tyson pushed him a little and he still didn't move.
So in a bit of a panic he grabbed Brycen's little shoulders and gave him a little shake.
Sure enough, Brycen woke up with a little cry. He was totally fine.
And then it hit me like a truck full of Florence's chocolates:
Brycen slept through the night!
I couldn't believe it.
And after reading books and asking questions, we hadn't done anything different with the routine we'd been using.
He just did it on his own! We were so happy.
The little guy ended up sleeping till 6:00.
7 1/2 hours! Awesome.
Needless to say, Tyson and I were both worried about Brycen so we didn't get much sleep till after he ate at 6:00.
Anyway, I just wanted to record this milestone in Brycen's life.
And to report that this little guy has begun to sleep through the night! Woo hoo!

9 comments:

Steph said...

Wow! That's awesome! I've totally been there where you wake up worried because you haven't heard from them for so long. I think it just takes a while for them to get used to the schedule you're trying to put them on. Glad you got some good sleep! :)

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

I really hate those first few nights after they first start sleeping through the night because I'm just like you, I DON'T SLEEP! I hope he continues doing it & you guys can start getting a good nights rest again! Congrats!

Amber said...

Yay Buddy Boy!!! I'm so proud of Brycen that is so great! That's almost more sleep then I get sometimes! Way to go buddy we love you! Keep it up! And congrats to you Al!

beckywestergard said...

Congrats!!! It is always so fun when they hit these milestones. I also wanted to add that your cupcakes are so cute!!! You should totally go on "cupcake wars" the tv show.

Ashley and Dave said...

Poor guy! you totally woke him up! :) It is so funny because I remember doing the exact same thing with Kinsey when she was a baby. She started sleeping through the night consecutively at about six months and I would still wake up in the middle of the night and check on her until she was one years old because I was worried about her.
Oh, how things change. With Addie...she doesnt get checked on unless she wakes up. :)

Judy said...

Whooo hooo. When I read it on face book I wondered if you would panic. We loved/hated the first time they slept through the night for that very reason! :} It IS a joyous time!

Adam and Brittany said...

Awww... it's so nice once they start sleeping through the night! Just wait until he sleeps 12 hours at night, wonderful.

Kasey said...

Haha..yeah when they start to sleep through the night it's like bitter sweet..I think I get LESS sleep because I am constantly waking up to check on them and put my hand on their back or chest and feel if they are breathing or not! Haha..too fun!! And I LOVE that pic of Brycen in your newest post..too cute..Gage and Peyton HAD to sleep on their tummies! They always slept MUCH better that way than on their backs!

Kristie said...

That's awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you guys it's so nice when they start to sleep at night. you are both great parents.

Post a Comment