Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dear Brycen,


As your dad and I tucked you in for bed tonight we couldn't help but think about how blessed we are to have you in our lives. We watched you slowly drift off to sleep while standing in a warm embrace together, gazing upon your precious little face. We thank our Heavenly Father daily for your precious little life. We've been so blessed to have brought you into this world and be your parents. You are the greatest gift we have ever been given. Soon after we left your room you began to cry. I quietly came to your side in the peaceful darkness of your room and softly said your name. The sound of my voice quieted your sadness. This moment, though small and insignificant, was a treasure that will always stay with me. You recognized my voice in the darkness and knew your mom. I gently rocked you back to sleep as I sang our special lullaby:
...
"...Goodnight, my angel, now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be
Someday your child may cry and if you sing this lullaby
Then in your heart there will always be a part of me
Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabies go on and on
They never die, that's how you and I will be"
...
Sleep well, baby Brycen. I love you so much.
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Amber said...

Oh that was so sweet. That is so funny that we did such a similar post! I had no idea you even did this ha ha! You're right, it's the twin thing again. Great minds and twin minds do indeed think alike!! CUTE pic of buddy by the way. Was that from the Cabin? Anyway, your post was really sweet and I loved the lullaby. Can't wait to hang out tomorrow!! Love you Al!

Kimi Jean said...

How sweet! You're such a wonderful mom, Allison, and your little boy is adorable!

P.S. Brad used to sing that song to me when I had trouble sleeping, and now he sings it to our own little one!

Post a Comment