Sunday, June 13, 2010

Brycen's 2-Month Shots

Brycen went in on June 7 for his
2-month shots.
Not exactly my favorite day!
But he was such a trooper and did a great job.
When the nurse stuck him he didn't even cry. But his face turned cherry red and he didn't breathe for a while! My mom came with me and she reminded him to breathe. As soon as he took a breath he cried like no other. Poor little guy! What a tough day.
...
His numbers are all where they should be.
He weighs 11 lb. 14 oz. (53%) and is 23 inches long (50%).
Right where he needs to be!
The doctor never gave me the percentiles for his other three appointments before this. So he let me know that in the weight category Brycen went from the third to sixth to sixteenth to fifty-third percentile. Yay, Buddy! Way to grow big and strong.
...
We also experienced a few milestones with Brycen in the last 24 hours:
  • Brycen slept in his crib for the first time last night. He woke up a lot more, but we made it through!
  • Today he went to all three church meetings for the first time. And he did a great job! He got a little fussy a couple of times during relief society, but other than that he did great. He ate once and needed changed once while at church.
  • And finally, Brycen attended his first family home evening with the Murri family tonight. We do this every month with my mom's family and Brycen missed the last time because he was too young still. But he came this time and everyone loved seeing him! And for most of them it was their first time seeing him.

Ouch.

Love those chubby legs!


Poor thing.


But nothing a little snuggle with Mom can't fix!
{And a little Tylenol, of course.}


What a sweety.


He was so tired that night!
He was sleepy all day but went into a major sleep at about 5:30. I had to wake him up at 10:45 so he could eat and I could go to sleep.
{Notice his little socky is falling off his foot?}


I thought it was cute. :)

3 comments:

Baileys said...

He is so cute Alli! I can't wait to see him again!

K&B Forever said...

Oh so cute!! Poor little guy having to get his shots!! haha He is a cutie and I am so glad he is doing so well!! :-) Can't wait to actually meet him someday!!

Kasey said...

Oh those days are no fun!! He is so cute!! I can't wait to meet him!! When I come to Idaho Falls we will have to all get together!! 2 months huh..wow..Alexis will be 2 months on Tuesday! Crazy..before you know it he will be 2 years old! Trust me..it FLIES!! Love you! Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey

Post a Comment