Friday, February 1, 2008

January in Review

With the start of a new year, January turned out to be a pretty busy month:

8th: Amy started school at Evan's Beauty College in Rexburg and has really enjoyed it so far. She was planning on living at home and commuting but found some girls who were looking for another roommate. So she jumped at the opportunity to live on her own. So far so good!

9th: Dustin started yet another semester at BYU-Idaho and it's proving to be a busy semester already. He's taking an English class that I beg him to let me do some of his homework in. I know, I'm a weirdo for wanting to do homework on my off-track. But I love English so much!! So far he hasn't let me do any of it. I'm working on him! Dustin also got a new job working for Dish Network. His other job just wasn't cutting it. Hopefully this one works out a little better.

We've gotten more snow this month than I can remember in years!! It's absolutely crazy how much snow we've received. It makes it hard when I want to go see Dustin in Rexburg and I can't because the roads are so bad. One thing that is nice about this winter is the opportunity to learn to drive better in the snow.

The Rexburg Temple was open all month for the open house and it was a wonderful opportunity to go and tour it. I had the chance to go once with my family and once with Dustin. Both times were amazing. Where the dedication of the temple was moved back to the 10th instead from the 3rd there were weddings that had to be postponed. The Idaho Falls Temple has been working to accomodate the couples.

16th: I found out my best friend is pregnant! What exciting news! I was so happy I cried when she told me. I feel like I'm going to be having a neice or a nephew here in the next few months or so. Ashlee has been my best friend for almost 22 years, and I'm just so excited for her!

22nd: I was very sad to hear that Heath Ledger died. I was at work when I heard the news. It was all of a sudden all over the tv's in the bar. I was completely shocked. No matter what people say, it was an accident in my mind. He was one of my favorite actors, and he will definitely be missed.

28th: President Hinckley passing away is something that will always be in my memory. During my lifetime I have had the opportunity to know three prophets: Ezra Taft Benson, Howard W. Hunter, and Gordon B. Hinckley. Where President Hinckley was the prophet for 13 years I was able to know him the best. I am going to miss hearing him speak at conference every spring and fall. I loved his sense of humor. But I am very glad he is happily with his wife now.

There were also many birthdays this month including friends Julia, Emily and Kelli. Dustin's mom also celebrated and so did my cousin, Ashleigh. A lot happened this month worth taking note of. It'll be interesting to see what February brings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment