Thursday, December 6, 2007

My Buddy Ashton

This is my little pal Ashton Bond. I used to baby sit Ashton when he and his family lived in Idaho Falls and we had a lot of fun. It was more like hanging out with a little buddy instead of babysitting. I actually took these pictures at my apartment when I was hanging out with him for an afternoon. These were taken in my kitchen with my twin sister. Back in these times he really liked watching "The Wiggles" on the Disney Channel. I remember hanging out with Ashton when he had just gotten his Wiggles couch. Oh, did he love that couch. We'd pop in a Wiggles DVD or pick an episode from TiVo (which he knew how to work better than I did). I'd get him his sippy cup and he'd just sit back, relax and enjoy the show. He was so fun to play with. But he's gotten older and probably doesn't like "The Wiggles" as much anymore. Ashton and his family moved away a while back so I don't get to see them much. I did, however, get one of the best surprises ever when Courtnee brought the kids into the restaurant and they sat at one of my tables. They completely made my day.
I've been thinking a lot about this little guy and his family lately, and I'm not really sure why. Its probably because I miss them like crazy and the holidays make it hard not being able to see loved ones that are far away. The Bond family is absolutely amazing. They are the type of people that come into your life and never leave your memory because of their great examples and constant love for the people around them. I'm truly blessed to know them and have them in my life. And I'm also glad that they are being so great to some other friends that recently moved out there. It makes me feel at ease to know that they are being watched over by the Bond family. They will definitely be taken care of.

Ashton doesn't remember me much anymore. But the memories I had with that little guy and his family are treasured ones.
To close this post I just want to tell Jon, Courtnee and the kids that I love you guys so much and I am grateful to know you and have you in my life. Thanks for being such great friends!

1 comments:

courtnee said...

You are way to sweet to us. Your post brought tears to my eyes...we just love you to death, too. We miss you like crazy, and we are so happy that you are still a part of our lives (and will be forever).

Post a Comment