Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Break

I didn't realize until today how long it has been since I posted. I'm a slacker, I know. I can't believe how busy life has been!

Finals were good. Ok, overall finals were terrible. I struggled this semester when I didn't need to. But I was able to finish all of the projects I had talked about before, plus see Dustin during all the craziness, so that was really nice. He helped me move back home the weekend of the 15th and I'm still trying to adjust to life with parents and siblings. But it is so nice to be home with my family. We've had a lot of fun. Plus, no rent! I love that part.

On the 18th Dustin and I drove my roommate Katie down to Salt Lake City to catch her plane back to Kentucky. We left my house in Idaho Falls at about 2:30 am and ventured our way down to Utah. It was so great to see Katie again! I didn't get the chance to say bye to her the day I moved so it was nice to see her one last time (or at least for the time being, I'm so going back to Kentucky). I feel bad now after the fact because I was so quiet going down to the airport. Katie carried most of the conversation, but not because I didn't want to talk about anything. I'm going to miss talking to Katie about everything: boys, school, Rexburg...And I wanted to take in everything I could and let her tell me about her life. I miss Katie like crazy!

Dustin left back home to California on the 20th and he has been there since. Yes, I miss him like crazy and no, I haven't had a nervous break down from not seeing him for over a week. He comes back on the 1st so I have less than a week before I get to see him again. I've talked to him on the phone a couple of times since he left and he's really enjoyed spending time with his family. I'm glad he was able to go home for Christmas. The missionaries spent their Christmas at Dustin's house where they played games and also had the opportunity to call their families back home. I bet that was really neat for Dustin's family. He was originally supposed to be back in Idaho on Dec. 26th but he was able to extend it and spend a little more time with his family. He has a had a great time with them.

On Christmas Eve it snowed like crazy. We received at least eight inches. It just kept coming all day long! Dad had to run to the store to get a couple of last-minute things and the roads were terrible. People had slid off the road and wrecked all over the place. A news reporter even stopped Dad and interviewed him about the weather conditions and advice he had for those who had to drive. So we spent 10:00 pm that evening watching Dad on the news. He did a great job and gave excellent advice: "Drive slow and keep your eyes pealed." Che' and Amber came over, along with Aaron, and we spent the evening playing Mexican Train Dominoes and Five Crown, and pretty much vegging out like crazy. It was a lot of fun. We ended the evening with a Christmas discussion and scripture reading.

Christmas day was great as usual, except for the fact that Mom was sick with the flu. Not fun at all. She was able to get better quickly though. Amber, Che' and Aaron spent the night so it was fun having the entire family home for Christmas. We had a great day of relaxing and enjoying one another's company.

The snow continued for a day or two. The day after Christmas Amy and I decided to take a couple of things back to stores and we didn't even make it out of our cul-de-sac in our neighborhood in my Toyota Camry. We had to pile into Mom's 4-wheel-drive Honda Pilot if we wanted to get out. It was rediculous. Amy and I both caught the flu from Mom and spent most of the day in bed today. Good times for sure. We are both feeling a lot better now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment