Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bath Time in the NICU

I went to the hospital last night and got to watch Carter get bathed. This was my first time watching his bath and he's 3 weeks old. I'm so embarrassed to say that. I'm sad that I'm just now watching his baths. I've been so emotionally unhinged and struggling with everything that I didn't take the time to enjoy things like this. I'm regretting it big time. But since I can't go back in time, it was very exciting being there for this bath. And it was so much fun! I can't wait to bathe him at home one of these days.

Carter gets swaddle baths and they're so nice. He sits in the tub of water wrapped up in a blanket and gets bathed that way. He was in heaven sitting in that warm water. He was a very relaxed baby!



 Christie, Carter's nurse for the evening


 Relaxation time came to an abrupt halt when it came time to get scrubbed!


Feeling relaxed after the bath
He's wearing a size 1 diaper in this picture. He still fits into preemie diapers, but he goes potty so much that he keeps peeing right out of the preemie diapers. He had to upgrade to something bigger, even though they're huge!

1 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness he is heaven sent. I love him so much! I love all of these sweet pictures. That size one diaper just cracks me up. That's what Tayen wears ha ha! That diaper is huge ha ha. He looks so good, Al. Time is flying and soon he'll be home!

Post a Comment