Friday, May 20, 2011

Torn

It’s 11 pm and I plan to be up in five hours. Tyson and I are off to New York City in the morning and our little boy is staying behind. My emotions have been all over the place this week as I’ve gotten my little family packed and ready to go: us to New York and Brycen to his grandparents’ house. I’ve gone from feeling super excited to be leaving for my favorite vacation spot with my husband who has never been before, to feeling like a nervous wreck that my son will be away from us for an entire week. He is reaching a milestone by being away from Tyson and I for a whole week, which is exciting. But  I really didn’t realize it would be so hard to leave my baby behind.

All in all I am torn. Torn between the happiness and sadness that I am feeling about this whole thing. But I know Brycen is in good hands. His grandparents all love him very much and are really excited for him to be staying with them. There are a lot of fun things planned that he will get to go to including barbecues, a birthday party, and a trip to the zoo. He’ll be fine. And we’re going to have a blast. I have to keep telling myself this to keep me sane! It’s going to be a big week for the Miller’s!

2 comments:

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

I'm right there with ya! I hate being away with my kids, but it's also nice to have away time with the hubbs. I hope you guys are having a great time!

Judy said...

Oh man! I remember the first time I left my kiddos I had to sneak to Uncle Kent for a blessing. It was hard, but I came back refreshed. It will be a blast to have some time with just you two and Brycen will have a blast also. Try to enjoy it. Love ya!

Post a Comment