Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother’s Day/Womanhood Day and Amy’s 22nd Birthday

One of the greatest joys of my life has been being a mom. I am grateful that I was blessed with my sweet little boy and that I will be his mom forever. I’m grateful for my mom and for Tyson’s mom. They’re wonderful examples to us and we love them very much. I am also grateful for our amazing grandmothers. Not only have they been excellent role models for us but they’re responsible for the greatness that our parents possess.

I appreciated the words of the conducting member of our bishopric on Mother’s Day. He spoke about this day as not just being for moms and that it is more of a Womanhood Day. He talked about the importance of our roles as women and that this day is for all women to celebrate, not just for the moms. I appreciated that and realized there were tears in my eyes when he spoke these words. I want those women in my life who are struggling with the current inability to have children that I love you so much and I’m so glad you are in my life. And Brycen also loves you too!!! You help make our lives happy. Thank you for that.

DSC_0635 edit color

I had a wonderful Mother’s Day! My boys spoiled me as usual.

bagstone

Tyson and I are going to New York soon and he knew how much I love this camera bag from Jo Totes. He got me this lovely vintage-inspired bag a little early so I could break it in before the trip. And it will be perfect for our trip! It holds all three of my cameras and the video camera, plus my wallet, phone, and a few other things.

I received this stoneware cookie sheet from “Brycen” for Mother’s Day and I’m also super excited about this. I love to bake cookies on stone and for a few years I’ve just been using my pizza stones to bake them. While it has worked beautifully, I’ve always wanted a piece of stoneware made for baking cookies. “Brycen” was on the ball with that one! I can’t wait to use it.

 

DSC_0768 edit color

And it wouldn’t be a holiday without Florence’s chocolates! Tyson got me a box and so did Tyson’s parents. The gift from the ward for the ladies was a little 2-piece box of chocolates. It has been quite the chocolaty week!

 

DSC_0667

After church we went to Tyson’s parents’ house for dinner. I didn’t take a SINGLE picture of anybody there. I was so mad!!! I made sure I wouldn’t forget at my parents’ house. We’ll be seeing Tyson’s family this week so I’ll be getting a few pictures of Brycen with Grandma Miller then.

 

DSC_0671

All the kids went in on a new digital camera for my mom. She was excited!

 

DSC_0674

DSC_0681

She was pretty excited to see that Dad got her a new computer!

DSC_0683

DSC_0714 edit color

DSC_0721 edit color

DSC_0723 edit color

DSC_0698

Like last year at the O’Connor’s we celebrated a birthday along with Mother’s Day. This year it was Amy’s and she turned 22.

(Oddly enough her shirt says 22 as well. Funny!)

DSC_0690

DSC_0691

DSC_0696

Brycen got to lick the frosting off one of the candles. Yum!

 

DSC_0699

Dad thought a few M&M’s should go on the cake. Also yum!

 

DSC_0701

DSC_0708 edit color

DSC_0710 edit color

DSC_0712 edit color

DSC_0716 edit color

Amy squeezing Brycen’s “squish”.

2 comments:

Britney O'Connor said...

It looks like Aaron just said something inappropriate and I'm thinking about smacking him. Odd. Hahahaha. :) Love your pics!

love, Syd said...

i am now in love with your baby even more. that picture of him *reading* the envelope? adorable!!

Post a Comment