Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just Waiting…

Our spring flowers have come up for the first time, so they’re a little late to bloom. But they’re so close! So we’re just waiting…

DSC_0783 edit color

DSC_0787 edit color

We do have a little bit of color in the beds. These little beauties started out looking like pineapples, then they soon bloomed. We’ve had this bright burst of color for a couple of weeks now and it’s been so fun! These are also first timers.

 

DSC_0788 edit color

As you can see it’s looking super green at our house! Just waiting for a little color.

 

DSC_0789 edit color

That little sprout of green in the middle is my lily. I planted it as a tall plant last year and it bloomed to be a beautiful orangey pinkish red color. I chopped it in the fall and this is its first year coming back up. I was worried it wouldn’t make it. But here it is! (PS Try hard to ignore all the weeds!)

 

DSC_0795 edit color

These tulips are the closest we have to blooming. Now that the sun is out I’m hoping they open up! I can see one is yellow and the other is red and yellow. Pretty!

 

DSC_0796 edit color

One of these days I’m hoping to see a little more color than this when I walk out my front door!

0 comments:

Post a Comment